which psp is the best for hacking?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by AliJalal93, Aug 15, 2011.

Aug 15, 2011
  1. AliJalal93
    OP

Newcomer AliJalal93 Member

Bahrain
    Hello, I want to buy one of the PSPs : PSP fat (1000) , PSP 3004 or psp go ... i want to get a psp to play ps1 games and gba games on it as well as downloaded psp games (hacked) ... which psp in your opinion is the best? specifically for playing ps1 games ... fat, 3004 or go? by the way, is the hacking in psp go as easy as in fat? please answer all my questions friends.

2. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    All of them are great for hacking.

3. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    Did you read the sticky? >_>

Currently all the PSP models, excluding the newest models (anything over 5g) are fully hackable using PRO Custom Firmware. HOWEVER, 2000 models and 1000 models have the largest variety of options (able to play the most PSX games with Popsloader and the best Homebrew support with access to older 5.XX/3.XX kernel firmware).

I suggest a 2000 original model (LATER MODELS CANNOT use older Pops, etc.) if you want the most features, otherwise anything but the newest models will do the trick.

You can run PSPIdent to check your "g number" and if it's 5g or lower you are good. Check the sticky for more info; I don;t feel like typing what's already been done by Rydian. [​IMG]

EDIT: OH YEAH. And make sure it's on 6.39 or lower. You do NOT need a Pandora Battery anymore to hack by the way; using PRO firmware it can run in official firmware to install in a matter of seconds on firmware 6.20, 6.35, and 6.39.

4. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    Not true.

I have a PSP 3000 and I can use Popsloader for PRO and can load any pops from it. A lot of games use 3.40 Pops for best compatibility, and I use it for a number of pops games [​IMG]

5. Schlupi

United States
    It IS TRUE. There is the new Popsloader for PRO 6.XX firmwares, but older Pops (any firmware that your respective PSP model never had/will have) does NOT work. You can select it as an option but it does nothing, this is confirmed by VF and Coldbird themselves. For example, I have a 5g model Go (ALL Go models are 5g by the way) and it can only run Pops correctly for anything 6.20 or higher (as it's the stock firmware it came on).

I THINK the lowest firmware 3000s were stocked on were 5.00, or something like that, so that would be the lowest Pops you can successfully use.

6. hankchill

Canada
    Then how am I using 3.40 pops on my PSP 3000? [​IMG]

7. AliJalal93
    OP

Bahrain
    So which psp is the best for ps1 games? is the fat one the best? anybody plz?

8. Schlupi

United States
    You aren't... is what I am trying to say. Trust me, either you have some unprecedented PSP or Popsloader or it's a 2000 in disguise, because I know for a fact that what I am saying is true, I have even tested this...

EDIT: Like I said, the 2000 (original model) is the best, because it has the best battery life, compact size, and is able to access all firmware options and Popsloader versions for PSP games.

9. AliJalal93
    OP

Bahrain
    did u see my message bro?

10. Schlupi

United States
    Yeah, I responded. Sorry it was long it took me a while. [​IMG]

OH RIGHT I forgot to post my source for my list:

http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3396

NOTE Games I took out of the NOT WORKING list, like Brave Fencer Musashi, Biohazard 2 Beta, and Resident Evil Dualshock for example, work now in the latest PRO firmwares when dumped correctly. Even though the topic is for 6.35 PRO all the PRO firmwares have the same PSX compatibility (thanks to Coldbird and Virtuous Flame, the creators of the PRO line).

11. hankchill

Canada
    [youtube]05Pa3FZ1uIw[/youtube]

12. Schlupi

United States

DERP. I forget the original firmwares on the ORIGINAL 3000 models (4g) support 3.02-3.52. Sorry, I am tired, you obviously have the ORIGINAL 3000 model. Derp.

Ugh... I need to go to sleep. T____T

13. hankchill

Canada
    I think this calls for this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I knew I was right because for example, Crash Bandicoot 2 only works with 3.4 and lower... anything higher and it doesn't go past the 'Playstation' screen. Booted it up now with 3.4, and it works. Damn we should have bet money on it. Lol [​IMG]

And yes it is the original PSP 3000 model [​IMG]

As for the original poster, each PSP has their goods and bads so get whichever one you want to hack. I got a 3000 because the screen is more vivid than a 2000. Paired with an extended battery I get around 8-9 hours of gameplay on 3rd brightness setting... only thing I hate about it is the damn horizontal bandlines.

14. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    A PSP 1000 or 2000 should have the best PS1 compatibility

I recommend the PSP 2000 [​IMG]

15. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    hankchill...is there any chance you could make a video showing your PSP loading a Resident Evil 3 Nemesis eboot from the native pops in flash, and then using 3.40?

Obviously you'd need to get into the game past the first freeze...