DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i have a six year old ps2.... and i want to finally mod it, but i dont know anything about ps2 modchips or the scene, so do u recommend any special modchip??? or soft mod?

thnx

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
you could use swap magic rather than modding it with a chip, boot up with swap magic, then insert the game of your choice - just an option if don't want to mod or use the hd loader method

A

AlMatUK

SwapMagic would be my suggestion. Simply boot with the Swapmagic disc, swap to your legitimate backup copy and off you go. It allows you to select NTSC or PAL and comes with a simple plastic and spring gizmo to fool the PS2 into allowing you to open the lid.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DMS4.

No swapping. No need to hold buttons down when you boot the PS2.
Just burn your games and play.

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hand down, the DMS4 Pro E.Z.I. I've had it for years and it's the BEST chip yet. It's super easy to install (no soldering needed) you just pop it onto the chips and it's done. Best thing about it, is that it has a flash part to the chip so you can install "Toxic OS". Toxic OS will allow you to boot from either a HDD or DVD/CD. It will also boot from a Memory card (Homebrew) or allow you to install Homebrew and games to a HDD.

The only downside is the price, it'll run you around $80-100 for it. (I'm sure you can find it for lower if you shop around) but still if you play your PS2 a lot or plan on it, it's the way to go.

If can't afford something the chip, then I'd go for the Memory Card Exploit and PS2 Menu. The MC Exploit is rather simple to do, and works on all (I think) versions of Ps2. You need a original PsOne Disc and a Memory Card with the exploit. What the Exploit does is allow you to boot homebrew from your Memory Card by use of a PS One Exploit. It's fairly simple to do, and if you load up the MC with PS2 Menu (A Gui of sorts to launch different Homebrew) you can boot into HD Advance or a CD/DVD Swap program. The downsides are that you need someone with a Modded PS2 install the Exploit on your Memory card for you (since usually you've got to boot a burned disc), and do to do the swap you'll need either a flip top top (which can be modded yourself or bought, or even if you do what I did just take the whole lid off of your PS2). Also, to do the swap you'll need a original PS2 DVD game that's about the same size of what you're going to play. I've always used the Devil May Cry demo since it had the largest Table of Contents for a DVD5 game.

So in conclusion:
Best bet:
DMS 4 E.Z.I PRO
+ Easy Install
+ Boots from CD/DVD/HD/MC
+ Has a "O.S."
- Price, near $100 OUCH!

Not so bad:
Memory Card Exploit
+ Free
+ Allows the booting of HD Advance and other CD/DVD Swap programs
- Need to get the Exploit ON the MC by use of A) A modded PS2 or B) Memory Card device (not sure if that works though)
- Not all games work via swap (99% of them do though)
- Need a flip top lid to do the swap tick
- Need an Original Ps2 Game to do the Swap trip (TOC can be the same size or larger)

Swap Magic is also a good investment if you want to spend some money. It basically takes out the need for an original PS2 game, and the Memory Card Exploit.

Hope this helps!

I did the MC exploit for YEARS before I got a DMS 4 and I LOVE my DMS 4.

Phillyman

Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
I went with a DMS 4 Pro , Love it.....I worked for Bestbuy for 3 years....and we were trained to notice modchip installs on consoles.....the place i sent mine.....when I got it back I was angry....i thought i got ripped off because I couldnt tell that they had opened it
laugh.gif

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you are looking for a modchip, get: DMS4 Pro (supports HDD and has more flash memory).

I had the Lite version installed and had the custom Toxic firmware, and it worked great!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...