Gaming Which Pokemon game to play?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've finished my goals in SoulSilver (to catch the exclusive Pokemon and a handful of legendaries with important items attached to them, ready to trade to HG when I buy it) and there's nothing to do with Platinum. I'm craving for more Pokemanz! I wanna try a 3rd Generation game. Can anyone suggest which game I should play? Please answer the poll. Can you also state the reason why? Thanks
smile.gif

I know that some of them are very similar to others, but there are important differences as well i.e. exclusive Pokemon, legendaries, and others. I've played them 3 years ago but I got stuck somewhere. Now that I know the new concepts (back then when I played them, I didn't know stuff like abilities, EV training, etc.)

TheOtakuOverlord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend playing FireRed or LeafGreen. They're great games and they're the most recent of the 3rd generation so there are more newer features on it compared to R/S. Plus, it's always nice to start at the beginning
smile.gif

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I recommend Fire Red, If your waiting for the new SS/HG release its a good way to refresh your head on the kanto region, and also its a generally good game, I would tell your to play the NORMAL silver, but thats not up there, so play Fire Red XD

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Emerald. R/S/E has a bit of a different feel to it than the other games in the series, but its by no means a bad thing, and Emerald corrected many of the wrongs in Ruby and Sapphire. Yes, near the end of the game there is ALOT of time spent in water, which has given them a bad rep, but this is the internet, and things tend to get blown out of proportion.

FireRed/LeafGreen are more or less the same with slightly different catchable pokemon in them, and I"d recommend them, but ONLY if you've played the original red and blue(or green and yellow). Otherwise, you wont appreciate the battle background music because it'll feel forced and you'll have nothing to compare it to, and quickly tire of it.

Ruby/Sapphire aren't outright bad, but they're easily the weakest, and you should avoid them if you can play emerald instead. The only reason to go to them is for expanded versions of the magma/aqua subplots.

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
Fire Red/ Leaf Green , they're pretty awesome games (not quite as fantastic as Blue/Red) but they have updated graphics and generally similar storyline.

Go for Emerald over Ruby/Sapphire, as it's just better.

so FR/LG>Emerald>R/S- sorted.

d3co

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I recommend Emerald, I liked it very much.. You can catch more Legendaries there than in Ruby/Saphire.

flarkenhoffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My vote is for Emerald. I'm actually playing through it right now. I played through FireRed when it came out and absolutely loved it, though I was a huge fan of the original games, so it was just that, but better. It also seems that most people have said Emerald, and rightfully so; I've heard a lot of great things about it, and playing through it now I can see why so many people like it.

Lastly, if you aren't aware of it already, you should go to Psypoke (I'm not affiliated with the site, I just really like it). It's an indispensable resource for everything related to the games.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WeakNiZ said:
Start from the OG series.
I've already played them many years ago (when I was about 10). The 3rd gen ones are the only ones that I really didn't enjoy when I played them 3 years ago.

EliteKill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got original Fire Red and Emerald and I must say that Emerald is better only thanks to the Battle Frontier, which will test your skills and lengthen your game by many more hours

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
FireRed. I've spent the most time playing this game than compared to any other game. There's so much to do after the E4, like the Sevii Islands etc. Emerald is great too, there's a lot of things to do after the E4 as well, like the Battle Frontier, Latios/Latias, Contests etc.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emerald. FireRed is a bit too Old for 3rd Generation Games...even though they Updated the Graphics in that Game. Emerald is a bit more Interesting and not Too Old. You can get the Featured Hoenn Region Pokemon, rather than getting only the Kanto and Johto Pokemon in FireRed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it