Jundeezy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I can't decide which PMP get, I am really looking for good audio and able to play a good amount of video codecs.
The Cowon O2 looks nice GUI and physically alike.
Cowon S9 looks nice, but it just came out and I hear the GUI doesn't look pretty.
I am trying to steer away from the iPods, but the app store attracts me to it.
I have been looking at these 3, but I haven't really been searching for other PMPs, any other suggestions?

So I'd like to hear your feedback Tempers.

Which one should I get?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jundeezy said:
So I can't decide which PMP get, I am really looking for good audio and able to play a good amount of video codecs.
The Cowon Q2 looks nice GUI and physically alike.
Cowon S9 looks nice, but it just came out and I hear the GUI doesn't look pretty.
I am trying to steer away from the iPods, but the app store attracts me to it.
I have been looking at these 3, but I haven't really been searching for other PMPs, any other suggestions?

So I'd like to hear your feedback Tempers.

Which one should I get?

I think you mean the Cowon D2, as there isn't no such producted called Cowon Q2 in existance....

Also, here's the first genuine review of the Cowon S9: Click here.

Personally, the GUI of the Cowon S9 looks MUCH better than the D2. Also, I've used a D2 quite a while ago, and it is quite thick to most people's standards. The Cowon S9 does everything the D2 does, but does everything much better. The S9 has AMOLED screen, native video playback with certain formats, even longer battery life at 55 hours for music, and uses BBE+/ JetEffects 2.0 sound technology. The only thing missing is a SD expansion slot. If it had one, it would be a true successor of the D2. It's currently available at JetMall.com

Currently, there's only about 2 advantages the D2 has that the S9 doesn't have. A SD expansion slot, and a Flash skinning. The S9 has flash and all, but since it's been just released, there's no options to skin it, or change the interface. At least yet. It's also handy, since it can be found at decent prices now.

Lastly, for the Ipod Touch, I really see it to be the only good Ipod in the whole line-up. I used it quite often, since basically all my friends have it, and I do like it. The only bad things about it, is the fact that I'd have to use Itunes for various things, "boring" sound quality, no FLAC or OGG support, and full of useless apps that bury the useful apps. The price is fair for a device with so many features, but it could've been cheaper.

In short, if you're low on budget, but want a basic player with lots of stuff, go with the D2.
If you want a premium sounding Mp3 player, loaded with even more features that are ACTUALLY VERY USEFUL, go with the S9.
If you want a fast portable internet PDA-ish mp3 player, with lots of wifi options, go with the iPod touch.

Personally, I'd go for the Cowon S9, due to the AMOLED screen.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Oh. You meant the O2.....

The O2 has the best format compatibility of videos I've ever seen, but it's unfortunately crippled by the terrible firmwares. The O2 will be like the D2, getting numerous firmwares, and will be good eventually, but as for right not, it's not so great. Its battery life is so so, but pretty low, at 18 hours. The sound quality is typical Cowon, which is a very good thing.

It can be something truly amazing, but seeing how it can't play MKV at 720P (Which is what they advertised) at the moment, with lots of bugs and issues, you might have to wait a while until Cowon fixes the problems.

Jundeezy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I read that review and it had some very useful information.
I had worries that their would be problems with the GUI on the S9, but I read that they update their firmware throughout the year. So even if there are some, it would be fixable.
The battery life on the S9 is great, and it satisfies everything that I am looking for. I will probably go for this one.

Do you know if the S9 can play flash games like line rider2?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Jundeezy said:
Okay so I read that review and it had some very useful information.
I had worries that their would be problems with the GUI on the S9, but I read that they update their firmware throughout the year. So even if there are some, it would be fixable.
The battery life on the S9 is great, and it satisfies everything that I am looking for. I will probably go for this one.

Do you know if the S9 can play flash games like line rider2?

I'm not sure, but I guess it's fully possible. They tried to do it on the D2, and it DID work, but was apparently unplayable, due to the framerates and all.

But seeing how the S9 is far more powerful, I think it should be able to run it...... I can't really guarentee that they'll work well.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lol. I read this title as what Pimp to get.

On topic: I would like an Ipod Touch but you are paying so much for just the name. I just cannot rationalize spending that much. I usually just get an iriver player as they are very good as well.

seedvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Cowon D2 or Sansa Clip if you only plan on playing music. I'd skip the O2 due to it's battery life.

The Cowon S9 looks like quite the performer for video playback.

I've heard that Archos 5 is a pretty good PMP, and it has WiFi as well.

Jundeezy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, now I have the choice to get an iPhone. Do you think I should just throw off all the PMPs for something that can do both and doubles as a phone? I just don't like the battery life, but I don't know much about it's audio quality. Since it is Apple, it's probably not the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1