Hacking Which micro sd card brand should I get?

Chaoszero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm trying to get a new micro sd card but I don't know which brand I should get. You might think I'm picky but its just because my old one "mysteriously broke" suddenly. It was a kingstons. Anyone tell me which brand would be most reliable and try to back it up.
mellow.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How long did you have the Kingston? I believe they have a good warranty. You might contact Kingston or the store you bought it from and try to get a replacement.

-Bri

Malkesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
Kingston - Warranty Information

Duration of Warranty

Lifetime Warranty: †
The following Kingston products are covered by this warranty for life:

Memory modules including ValueRAM, HyperX and Kingston system specific memory, Flash memory cards (e.g. Secure Digital, CompactFlash, MultiMediaCard, SmartMedia) ATA Flash, and Linear Flash; memory expansion-boards, networking adapters; routers, hubs and switches without cooling fans (excluding the power supply), Flash adapters and microprocessor upgrade products.

So a micro SD-Card should definitely still be in warranty.

Personally I can recommend Kingston-products too - I also got some SanDisk-cards (also a 8GB one, works very well), which never failed me yet either.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
How long did you have the Kingston? I believe they have a good warranty. You might contact Kingston or the store you bought it from and try to get a replacement.

-Bri

Their warranty is better than good. It's a lifetime warranty. Kingston is truly the way to go. Get another one!

J

Jackreyes

Cool
I did not know about the lifetime warranty... backup for if mine breaks then...
But yeah my kingston hasn't let me down yet.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a 2GB Corsair SD which stopped working one day...I mailed it in (cost i think $1.88 postage, i paid extra for delivery confirmation as proof i sent it) and in 9 days i had a brand new card in my hand. so yeah, lifetime warranty is nice.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you just get it replaced by Kingston?
QUOTE said:
Once you have obtained an RMA number from Kingston, you must, within thirty (30) days, send the product freight-prepaid and insured to Kingston Technology Company, Customer Service, 17550 Newhope Street, Fountain Valley, CA 92708, USA. Products shipped to the factory must be properly packaged to prevent damage in transit. You must include the Kingston RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of your package. If you send your product to the factory without the RMA number prominently displayed on the outside of the package, it will be returned to you unopened.
-link

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol