Which method of loading backups do you use?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by a2f, Jan 11, 2010.

Jan 11, 2010
  1. a2f
    OP

Newcomer a2f Member

United States
    I'm surprised when I see people talking about NeoGamma and other backup loaders. I understand that if you're loading from SD or USB you pretty much have to use one but if you're burning discs, why wouldn't you use cIOSCorp?

Am I missing something?

2. natisfynest

Newcomer natisfynest Member

United States
    I have usb loader gx, neogamma and one other I cant remeber offtop but I only load off the usb drive never off a disc

3. That-Guy

Newcomer That-Guy Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  4. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    Well as one one of the original Wiikey owners ( I installed one myself shortly after they came out ) I burnt and played most of my games off the Disc for years.............never had a problem, every game run just fine, I had to update once or twice I believe when Super Mario Galaxy came out, but every single game I burnt works just fine ( if I only try to compare that to the old days when I was burning Sega DC games with a rate of success of 30%, not to mention that some games would stop to work after a few weeks! ).
    Not too long ago I had a spare USB drive and I decided to hook it up with my Wii just out of curiosity, and boy, was I glad I did it !
    I'm using the Configurable USB Loader, and everything works nicely and I managed to play everything I threw at it.....Sure I had some problems with GH5 and NSMB, but with the right isos everything works like a charm.
    Onestly I can never go back to burn DVDs, unless a particularly difficult to boot game comes around , in which case I'll still be able to play it since my Wii is hard modded too....
    I also tried other loaders, but I really like the Configurable USB Loader a lot, and games like Scarface running from the USB drive are finally quite and run smoother then ever !

5. leo_bsb

Newcomer leo_bsb Member

Brazil
    I second that. I have a first batch wii and the first batch wiikey.

As soon as I tried USB loader GX I never went back to burned disks. It is much easier to find a particular game using its interface than search between more than 300 DVDs what do you want to play.
    Also load times are shorter and you don't get read errors at the middle of a game, like I had with burned DVDs. Besides you should consider that some older disks are prone to fail over time because of dirty, oil from hands and poor media quality.