Hacking Which method of loading backups do you use?

a2f

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised when I see people talking about NeoGamma and other backup loaders. I understand that if you're loading from SD or USB you pretty much have to use one but if you're burning discs, why wouldn't you use cIOSCorp?

Am I missing something?

natisfynest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have usb loader gx, neogamma and one other I cant remeber offtop but I only load off the usb drive never off a disc

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well as one one of the original Wiikey owners ( I installed one myself shortly after they came out ) I burnt and played most of my games off the Disc for years.............never had a problem, every game run just fine, I had to update once or twice I believe when Super Mario Galaxy came out, but every single game I burnt works just fine ( if I only try to compare that to the old days when I was burning Sega DC games with a rate of success of 30%, not to mention that some games would stop to work after a few weeks! ).
Not too long ago I had a spare USB drive and I decided to hook it up with my Wii just out of curiosity, and boy, was I glad I did it !
I'm using the Configurable USB Loader, and everything works nicely and I managed to play everything I threw at it.....Sure I had some problems with GH5 and NSMB, but with the right isos everything works like a charm.
Onestly I can never go back to burn DVDs, unless a particularly difficult to boot game comes around , in which case I'll still be able to play it since my Wii is hard modded too....
I also tried other loaders, but I really like the Configurable USB Loader a lot, and games like Scarface running from the USB drive are finally quite and run smoother then ever !

leo_bsb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Arm73 said:
Well as one one of the original Wiikey owners ( I installed one myself shortly after they came out ) I burnt and played most of my games off the Disc for years.............never had a problem, every game run just fine, I had to update once or twice I believe when Super Mario Galaxy came out, but every single game I burnt works just fine ( if I only try to compare that to the old days when I was burning Sega DC games with a rate of success of 30%, not to mention that some games would stop to work after a few weeks! ).
Not too long ago I had a spare USB drive and I decided to hook it up with my Wii just out of curiosity, and boy, was I glad I did it !
I'm using the Configurable USB Loader, and everything works nicely and I managed to play everything I threw at it.....Sure I had some problems with GH5 and NSMB, but with the right isos everything works like a charm.
Onestly I can never go back to burn DVDs, unless a particularly difficult to boot game comes around , in which case I'll still be able to play it since my Wii is hard modded too....
I also tried other loaders, but I really like the Configurable USB Loader a lot, and games like Scarface running from the USB drive are finally quite and run smoother then ever !

I second that. I have a first batch wii and the first batch wiikey.

As soon as I tried USB loader GX I never went back to burned disks. It is much easier to find a particular game using its interface than search between more than 300 DVDs what do you want to play.
Also load times are shorter and you don't get read errors at the middle of a game, like I had with burned DVDs. Besides you should consider that some older disks are prone to fail over time because of dirty, oil from hands and poor media quality.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw