which is worse: $ony or M$

which is worse?

• $ony

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • M$

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • People who complain about top quality games and want to play pokemans.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't even own a shooter for the Wii U / didn't even know they existed for it. The only reason I like the controller is because over the current gen, it's the only one I can use for hours on end and not get sore hands. I couldn't care less how a controller is designed, you don't even notice when you're playing a game (unless the controller is awkward as fuck the like N64 controller).
I can't imagine how that's the case seeing that the Wii U controller is a 360 copycat with a flipped layout on one side.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't imagine how that's the case seeing that the Wii U controller is a 360 copycat with a flipped layout on one side.
Not really. Nintendo has been using the button order before Microsoft. B is always on the bottom and A is above it (counterclockwise). Microsoft always put their vrversion of the A button where the B button would be on a Nintendo console.

And the joystick is easier to use. No shoving my thumb downward. It feels more natural.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not really. Nintendo has been using the button order before Microsoft. B is always on the bottom and A is above it (counterclockwise). Microsoft always put their vrversion of the A button where the B button would be on a Nintendo console.

And the joystick is easier to use. No shoving my thumb downward. It feels more natural.
Kycj1PB.jpg

It's literally the same pad with one side reversed. It doesn't matter how you label the buttons, that has nothing to do with how the pad is used. For all intents and purposes the buttons could be 1, 2, 3 and 4 and it'd still be a clone of the 360 pad.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kycj1PB.jpg

It's literally the same pad with one side reversed. It doesn't matter how you label the buttons, that has nothing to do with how the pad is used. For all intents and purposes the buttons could be 1, 2, 3 and 4 and it'd still be a clone of the 360 pad.

Clearly you do not understand that it goes to 11.

Reactions: Vulpes Abnocto

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kycj1PB.jpg

The shape is the same, so what? The PS1 top case could fit onto the NES, does thag automatically make it a clone?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The shape is the same, so what? The PS1 top case could fit onto the NES, does thag automatically make it a clone?
It couldn't, you should take a closer look, but alright. I'm not even one to engage in chit-chats about who did what first, but in this case it's a blatant clone and if Nintendo kept the Gamecube layout intact, it'd practically be the same controller.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, because it was not designed to do so by the manufacturers. The Wii U Pro controller is a clone of the 360 controller because in an attempt to appeal to a more hardcore audience, Nintendo copied everything about the XBox controller down to the triggers, save for the right half, which they wanted to match the Wii U GamePad. This made it more ideal for the more hardcore games planned for the system (ZombieU, for example), but the console VERY quickly forgot its roots, so the layout is just kind of... there

Edit: also, the PS1 controller was mimicking the SNES controller, not the NES controller

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I wouldn't even use the word "mimicking", it builds on its foundation but it's clearly different. The triggers are different, there's grips, the center of the controller was lowered, it's a different shape, unlike the Wii U controller which is a carbon copy. It's okay to improve on a successful design, but making a carbon copy isn't that, especially when you already have a unique controller design (GC-style).

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Button arrangement looked dumb, but it was easily the most comfortable made to date. I kind of wish they would have kept it
It's easily Nintendo's best pad, yes. Now, if it had uniform buttons, a top "shroom" on the c-stick, a second Z trigger and an improved d-pad, it'd be the best controller of all time IMHO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?