Hacking Which Is better?

jphriendly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSiPlayer will be a flashcard for playing various media without conversion (AVI,WMV,RMVB)...Moonshell is homebrew software for playing certain media (DPG, MP3) on the DS, with most any flashcard. You won't just be able to "download" DSiPlayer.

Also, why is this in the Acekard forum??

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DSiPlayer, is a flashcard, you can't compare that to Moonshell 2 which is homebrew i.e. you cant compare them at all. But hands down, the DSiPlayer wins

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Maz7006 said:
DSiPlayer, is a flashcard, you can't compare that to Moonshell 2 which is homebrew i.e. you cant compare them at all. But hands down, the DSiPlayer wins

the iplayer hasn't even been reviewed yet. it wins at nothing.

vob sources, slighty remastered using vdub for dpg specific issues, and then encoded with dpg tools/batch dpg/super has always produced a ds-as perfect as you can expect-video file. i see the iplayer right now as being for lazy people who do not want to research the proper art form that is encoding video. if it performs well, it will be nice to just drag/drop files on there and play them. if it sucks the battery, has crappy playback, or requires files to be reencoded to meet standards.... whats the point?

-another world

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im sure that they have looked into this issue, the fact that people may think of it as 'meh' but by the looks of things, that is the team, their website, and the actual ingenuity of the thing it looks promising, but yet again looks can be deceiving. The fact that the DSiPlayer is just that easy to use makes it better, some don't prefer DPG, but yet again i aint a big fan of watching movies/videos on my DS, i have TV it does that for me.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Aren't you an expert Front Page reader.

I wonder how many posts we would have saved if every GBAtemp member had basic reading skills...
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c95QJXRKdIw&pp=ygUdcmFtYm8gMiBtaXNzaW9uIGFjY29tcGxpc2hlZCA%3D