shasta588

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if they both had dsi support which would be better please no saying anything about other flash carts and could someone give me a complete features coparrison so I can decide which one to get

unknownworlder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lets see, well, as far as I know, the cyclods doesnt have any dsi support, while the ak2i has dsi support. The cyclods is more expensive, but has lots of features like an in-game menu, and real time saves.
The Ak2i has hardly any special features, but its much cheaper and using it with AKAIO firmware rocks.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a CycloDS Evo. It is my second favorite. I like my EDGE better.
I seldom use the Evo, but I am going to try using it more.
I have no doubt that CycloDS is the best, but ...

I used to have an AK2. I hated it. I loaned it to several people. They all hated it.
I finally gave it to someone else who traded it for a DSTT (or maybe an R4?).
I have no doubt that AK2 is one of the best, but I just don't like it and I do not know anyone who does.

I have an NDSi on preorder and an AK2i on order. I want to try AKAIO. The AK2i does not have the crappy clips.
If/when an EDGEi or CycloDSi becomes available I will probably buy one and frisbee the AK2i.

I think that different cards appeal to different people. Little kids like R4 and DSTT.
Advanced users like more expensive and powerful carts. I also have but never use:
R4, DSTT, SCDSone. I have used and/or owned almost everything else including an R4 clone.
Your mileage may vary.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've owned and used both an Acekard 2 and CycloDS Evo (as well as R4, DSLink, etc.) and imo Cyclo is best, hands down. Since I tried the Cyclo, I have never and will never go back to anything else.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Move to appropriate section..

Also, out of those two carts, you have to choose for yourself what do you need more! If you have money and like extra features (and you think you'll use them) get CycloDS, if you don't care about extras stuff, you want cheaper cart, but reliable and with nice GUI, get AK2..

REMEMBER, if you want your AK to work with DSi, you have to get AK2i!!

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyclo does have the most features, and support for slot-2 (And like EZFlash thing) ) Rumble stand in flash menu setting, bright setting...

In game bright setting and rumble setting, and read txt files in game Real state save...

Most rom support...
And protection by pass code not needed...

And more...

Cyclo is the best... and updates most of all flashcards!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
Cyclo does have the most features, and support for slot-2 (And like EZFlash thing) ) Rumble stand in flash menu setting, bright setting...
AKAIO has rumble and much better slot2 support for EZ3in1/3in1+ and also Ewin 2in1 support.

QUOTE said:
In game bright setting and rumble setting, and read txt files in game Real state save...
You have me here AKAIO does not have in game menues or real time saving etc, and likely never will but who needs them, play the games like they were intended.

QUOTE said:
Most rom support...
And protection by pass code not needed...
Wrong AKAIO has best rom support, and has had auto piracy protection patching for months.

Cyclo is the best... and updates most of all flashcards!
Wrong again AK2 is the best, AKAIO gets updated every day.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is an update of my post #7 on this thread.

I just received the AK2i that I ordered 3 weeks ago from DX.
Construction quality seems greatly improved over the POS early AK2 I previously had.

I installed the 4.15 official firmware and I still hate it - except for moonshell.
Next I tried AKAIO 1.4. I have only used it for a short time, but I really like it!
I am not sure yet that I like it as well as an EDGE or CycloDS, but I like better than anything else I have tried!
Time will tell. I hope it works on the NDSi I have pre-ordered.

If money is a factor, I would buy either an AK2i and run AKAIO or an EDGE with EDGE-OS-1.44 or later.
I will never buy another standard AK2. I will not use the current official AK2 firmware!
The CycloDS may be worth double the price to some, but not to me.

edit

After further use, I have changed my opinion again.
Now I think CycloDS IS worth the extra cost.
I would recommend:
1 - CycloDS Evo for experts without budget constraints.
2 - EDGE for anyone.
3 - AK2i with AKAIO for experts on a budget or NDSi owners or prospective owners.
4 - DSTT for beginners, children and misers only.
I am still hoping for an EDGEi and/or Evoi.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
QUOTE said:
You have me here AKAIO does not have in game menues or real time saving etc, and likely never will but who needs them, play the games like they were intended.

thats funny, since last time i recall the acekard supported cheats. how is that playing games as they were intended?

real time save is very helpful, especially on games where you can not save often, or maybe you want to explore different paths. maybe you do not want to start at the beginning of a dungeon in phantom hourglass. *shrugs*

to be honest, if rts/rtg was implemented into akaio one day, acekard would probably be my main cart of choice (and this is coming from a cyclo user)

though to answer the OP's question, if you want rts/rtg/ingame menu get a cyclods, otherwise, acekard will fit your needs

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro