Gaming Which GBC games do you still play on your GBA?

GBAtemp29

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For example, I just pulled out the 2D scroller version of Duke Nukem. I actually enjoy it more than the FPS version for GBA. I'm the proud owner of a new Micro and must say all the old games look great.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reacquired a GBA some months back late last year and the only 2 I've picked up from GBC have been Pokemon Pinball and Shadowgate Classic. I just don't have a heap of games I recall truly loving enough to re-buy from that system, and some that I do I just can't invest the time in to be worth it such as Mario Golf, the only awesome portable version as the GBA game was so mucked up.

I use the GBA for a small handful of GBA titles I didn't get before or missed enough to keep lying around, and for some really fun old GB games I wanted a crack at again (Mario Land1+2, Castlevania2, FF Adv, Zelda:LA, Tetris and Kirby DL2) or a few I skipped (Alleyway, Baseball, Radar Mission.)

I'm thinking if I can find it local and for a stupid cheap fair price there's a few GBC titles I'd grab again and Warlocked is on the top of that list as oddly considering it's a FPS Warcraft1 clone it worked almost too well.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
I reacquired a GBA some months back late last year and the only 2 I've picked up from GBC have been Pokemon Pinball and Shadowgate Classic. I just don't have a heap of games I recall truly loving enough to re-buy from that system, and some that I do I just can't invest the time in to be worth it such as Mario Golf, the only awesome portable version as the GBA game was so mucked up.

I use the GBA for a small handful of GBA titles I didn't get before or missed enough to keep lying around, and for some really fun old GB games I wanted a crack at again (Mario Land1+2, Castlevania2, FF Adv, Zelda:LA, Tetris and Kirby DL2) or a few I skipped (Alleyway, Baseball, Radar Mission.)

I'm thinking if I can find it local and for a stupid cheap fair price there's a few GBC titles I'd grab again and Warlocked is on the top of that list as oddly considering it's a FPS Warcraft1 clone it worked almost too well.

I loved Warlocked. Almost as much time went into that as with my first Pokemon game.
yay.gif
I think I even still have it lying around somewhere.

Off topic: haven't seen you for awhile Rydian!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Play GBC games on the GBA? I still use my old GBC!

It's in pristine condition (Except for the clean removal of the serial number) and the only problems that I have with it is the squeaky D-Pad. I still play loads of GBC games, like Pokemon and Link's Awakening.
smile.gif

D

Deleted User

I don't play GBC anymore, but GB games used to work on the GBC. That was cool.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Red

Pokemon Gold

Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages

Super Mario Land

and some really obscure Monster Ranchers game.

D

Deleted User

I also prefer to play them on actual hardware rather than emulators--a GBC is lying right next to my DSi and PSP.

The last ones I played were Super Mario Land 2 and 3. I still haven't finished Oracle of Seasons, which I started sometime last year after playing through Link's Awakening (again).

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Tetris DX is the best Tetris version since ever.

These other versions have lots of cute bells and whistles, but this one just feels right.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I've been playing:

Rhino Rumble
Shantae
Daikatana Adventures (the least hyped version and the only good one)
Perfect Dark (takes a while to get into but gets real good)
Wendy: Every Witch Way
Toki Tori
Cannon Fodder (this version is amazing)
Warlocked (amazing Warcraft clone from Nintendo, shame the sequel for GBA got cancelled)
Looney Tunes Collector: Alert!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ