Which game? Bioshock or Crysis?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by juggernaut911, Dec 3, 2008.

?

Pick a game

1. Crysis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Bioshock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Dec 3, 2008
  1. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    So, both are $20 at my gamestop... Crysis goes back to $50 on the 7th. which game should I get? I beat both demo's and I liked crysis ALOT more. that's the kind of FPS I'm used to. vote nao!!

2. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    wow ur comp can run crysis? i hate u lol.

yeah i would say crysis. it has better graphics, though bioshock has the better storyline.

3. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    I always liked Bioshock more. Crysis is just a pretty, but generic shooter to me.

4. SylvWolf

Member SylvWolf Ave Dominus Nox

United States
    Bioshock is more of a classic FPS: health that does not regenerate and limited ammo. I never played Crysis, but I think it follows a more modern trend: regenerating health and throwing piles of ammo at you, with ammo restored after levels. I could be wrong about Crysis, but I think that's how it works. So just get whatever style of game you like better, or just get both. $20 is a good price and the Crysis going back up might make that deal a little hard to pass up.

On the stories, Bioshock has an excellent story, but I don't really know about Crysis.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    BioShock ftw also it was last years game of the year, if that sways your decision >:3

Gaisuto is right, crysis is pretty but its actual gameplay is pretty bad and generic

6. Awdofgum

Member Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    I would go with Bioshock
    The whole theme and design is amazing.
    But if Bioshock remains $20 than you should get Crysis, and later get Bioshock

7. juggernaut911
    OP

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I'm thinking along the same lines of Awdo. This deal will end soon. Bioshock is $20 for good.

I like crysis alot because you can handle people how you want. I either sneak up the rear or jump on the roof, got prone/invisible, the take them out

Crysis it is.

8. Taza

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Crysis is a pretty game with mediocre, boring gameplay, and Bioshock is a utterly broken mediocre shooter, with decent visuals and a story to offend anyone's sensibilities.

Really, they talk about the story of Bioshock and the choices, but there's nothing worth mentioning in either part. Yeah, it's a lot of story for a shooter but it's hamhandedly done and doesn't really compare to classics of videogaming.

Of those two? Crysis. Of any recent game? The Orange Box (dozens of hours of awesome gameplay), Mass Effect (Bioshock's story blown out of the water), possibly Dead Space (a competent shooter but not scary at all)...

9. roguetrip

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    should of asked this a couple of weeks ago, I found bioshock at Circuit City for $10, grabbed myself up a copy, haven't even had a chance to open yet.

Also got some good BF deals on F.E.A.R directors cut for $4.90, Prey $2.90, and Spiderman Friend of Foe $3.90. +shipping