Hacking Which flashcart to replace Gateway blue?

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My girlfriend threw out my gateway blue card because something had spilled on it, I probably could have cleaned it but it's too late to retrieve it, so now I have to replace it. I know i can use a DS flashcart to do it, and I have an AceKard (I think? I've lost it somewhere in my house since I tried it) but it didn't work, but I'm not sure which I should buy as I haven't read a thing about flashcarts since I bought my gateway on release.

My 3DS XL is on firmware 9.2, with the gateway setup, and I believe it was 9.2 out of the box if that matters. I'd like to upgrade it to whichever firmware available to me is best if a newer one is right now as well so any tutorial recommendations would be appreciated but mainly I'd like to upgrade the Gateway firmware to play newer software/games.

Any help whatsoever is greatly appreciated :)

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CFW sounds awesome, thats what I had been hoping I'd be able to do when I bought it a couple years ago, but after bricking a psp once the process is a bit intimidating.

will I even need a blue card for my gateway if I use a CFW?
I can't remember the word for it, I think it's sysNAND and emuNAND?, but will it be safe to save the homescreen stuff from my "gateway" home screen?
I mean, is the "gateway" mode some sort of temporary CFW?

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CFW sounds awesome, thats what I had been hoping I'd be able to do when I bought it a couple years ago, but after bricking a psp once the process is a bit intimidating.

will I even need a blue card for my gateway if I use a CFW?
I can't remember the word for it, I think it's sysNAND and emuNAND?, but will it be safe to save the homescreen stuff from my "gateway" home screen?
I mean, is the "gateway" mode some sort of temporary CFW?
Gateway mode is a cfw flashcart hybrid. It reads from the flashcart but patches it with cfw
Once you install cfw you only need sysNAND as you can unbrick it and it will always be safe to update.
The guide is basically brickless as long as you follow this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
You can even use gateway and cfw! Just do https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ after installing a9lh with the other guide and you can use a9lh and gateway and luma3ds cfw!
As for your AceKard you can launch it with luma3ds (which the guide will install)!

Reactions: brkun

patey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Gateway mode is a cfw flashcart hybrid. It reads from the flashcart but patches it with cfw
Once you install cfw you only need sysNAND as you can unbrick it and it will always be safe to update.
The guide is basically brickless as long as you follow this guide https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
You can even use gateway and cfw! Just do https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/ after installing a9lh with the other guide and you can use a9lh and gateway and luma3ds cfw!
As for your AceKard you can launch it with luma3ds (which the guide will install)!

could I use my gateway as a normal flashcart after installing CFW?(rather than have to boot it through the browser to a different homescreen)
also my sd card is formatted for use with the gateway, is there anything important i should backup?

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
could I use my gateway as a normal flashcart after installing CFW?(rather than have to boot it through the browser to a different homescreen)
also my sd card is formatted for use with the gateway, is there anything important i should backup?
Gateway blue cards only play original DS games right?

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
just follow.the guide. You're using emunand with GW. At the end of the guide it will give you an option to clone the emunand to sysnand. You'll end up with all your current games and saves unchanged. The guide will prompt you to do any necessary backups. After installing a9lh you can boot GW as a payload of luma. If you chose to use with sysnand only remember not to update in GW mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: