Which flashcard to buy?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Pinqvin, Dec 17, 2009.

Dec 17, 2009

Which flashcard to buy? by Pinqvin at 3:54 PM (1,178 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Pinqvin
    OP

Newcomer Pinqvin Newbie

Finland
    Hi! I'm sure this question is asked a lot, but right now I need some advice on what flashcard to buy. The DS that I have is a Lite model. I had planned on ordering a Acekard 2i from dealextreme, but then they removed the 2i from their selection for some reason. So I need to rethink on what to buy. Cost isn't REALLY an issue, but the fact is that I'd like to keep my orders under the customs limit (which is around 65 dollars.) I'm mostly looking for a card that has a high compatability rate with both games and homebrew. Anything else besides that is just considered as a plus.

Right now I've been looking at CycloDS Evoltuion, which seems like a nice card. Another one that I have in mind is the M3i Zero. I'm open to all suggestions on this one, since I have no clue which one is the best (if there even is one clearly above the rest ;P ) Also, just to check, are the cards at dealextreme knock-offs or the real deal? It would suck a bit if I paid ~45 dollars for my CycloDS Evolution and it turned out to be a (not-so)cheap knock-off.

2. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    M3i Zero!
    or
    M3 Real!

3. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    You can consider the Supercard DSONE when the new EOS is released, or the DSTWO.

4. haflore

Member haflore aeternaliter fluxa

United States
    For your NDSLite CycloDS has some of the best commercial rom and homebrew support, if you want to play gba games as well get an ez 3in1(go to gamebygame.com). CycloDS has no DSi support at the moment so if you intend to get one go with M3i Zero.

5. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    CycloDS=45 bucks for the cart and a microSD card reader
    M3 real=30 bucks for an m3 real,card readerexpansion pack,rumble pack
    its better value and has all the features of cyclo

6. haflore

United States
    Not quite as good rom not as stable(the in-game menu) support, but I see your point. I still like my Cyclo best, to each his own.
    @Pinqvin, consider your options well.

7. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i would probably wait for the SC2 to come out and get that...
    get the cycloDS if you want a card that a lot of features and is cool(Slightly more expensive than the competition)
    OR get the acekard2 for mass pwnage!

8. Pinqvin
    OP

Newcomer Pinqvin Newbie

Finland
    Yeah, I'm thinking on going with the CycloDS Evolution even though the price is rather high (not so much after the dollar to euro conversion, but still quite a bit). Can anyone answer my other question? Are the cards sold at dealextreme (or similar sites like dealperfect etc, mainly places that offer free shipping and have flashcards for sale) real or fake?

EDIT: Oh and yeah I'm including a Ez 3in1 on my order, too (this one, to be exact)

9. haflore

United States
    I believe they are sold at dealextreme, not sure. They are real no fakes.

BTW you might actually want to wait for the Supercard DSTWO as it will have native gba support and work on NDSi, still your choice.

10. Pinqvin
    OP

Newcomer Pinqvin Newbie

Finland
    Perhaps, perhaps. But the only info about the card I've found has been on this site, no official word from the Supercard makers themselves (at least that I've seen) and I have no idea of when it's going to be released.

11. haflore

United States
    True I don't know mich either, but it sounds awesome doesn't it?

12. Pinqvin
    OP

Newcomer Pinqvin Newbie

Finland
    What's the game support like on M3i Zero? I guess I could go with that to save some money and buy the supercard once it comes out...

EDIT: SuperCard DSONEi seems to be in the same price range as the M3i Zero. Which one should I pick if I had to choose out of those two?

EDIT2: Or perhaps I'll just get a Acekard 2i from some other store and save even more money... Why oh why does there have to be so many different carts to choose from [​IMG]

EDIT3: Welp, just went ahead and bought the Acekard 2i from goldenbridge.hk since they had such a nice deal on it and a 4GB sandisk card. Now I just have to wait for them to arrive, sigh