Hacking Which Flash Cart Should I Get?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, :)

Quick question....

I want to buy an r4i gold so I can play randomized Black 2.. !

How do you backup your game so you can put it onto a flashcart? I can't figure out how it's done, what hardware do I need?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just picked up a DSi XL version 1.4 and wanted to get a flash cart for it.
I've had great luck with EZ-Flash teams products, but i figured i'd might as well try out another teams for the DS

From what I gather both the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from realhotstuff and the R4i-SDHC (RTS) from PeachDS.com are considered "clone cards"

• Is there a better version between these two?
  • What I am really after is just a flashcart that will handle DS game, have a clean looking interface (maybe display box art or something?), and can have a quick-save feature.Would either of the these card handle that?

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a DSi XL version 1.4 and wanted to get a flash cart for it.
I've had great luck with EZ-Flash teams products, but i figured i'd might as well try out another teams for the DS

From what I gather both the R4i Gold 3DS (RTS) from realhotstuff and the R4i-SDHC (RTS) from PeachDS.com are considered "clone cards"

• Is there a better version between these two?
  • What I am really after is just a flashcart that will handle DS game, have a clean looking interface (maybe display box art or something?), and can have a quick-save feature.Would either of the these card handle that?

Get the r4i gold rts from the manufacturer r4ids.cn then :)
That's not a clone. If you buy from HackYourConsole.com you will get the new stock which works directly with 6.1.0-12...
No cuts, no upgrade needed... Which is a good thing!

Or if you can afford just go straight out for a dstwo. Can't never go wrong with that choice :b

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Get the r4i gold rts from the manufacturer r4ids.cn then :)
That's not a clone. If you buy from HackYourConsole.com you will get the new stock which works directly with 6.1.0-12...
No cuts, no upgrade needed... Which is a good thing!

Oh, based on "Rydian" post 1 page back, the R4i Gold RTS at realhotstuff is a legit r4ids.cn card
http://www.realhotstuff.com/R4i-Gold-3DS-RTS_p_86.html

So maybe neither are considered clone cards? RHS list their gold rts is compatible with 6.1.0-12, but im only really concerned with DS 1.4 compatibility and and savestate/screanshot functionality.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, based on "Rydian" post 1 page back, the R4i Gold RTS at realhotstuff is a legit r4ids.cn card

So maybe neither are considered clone cards? RHS list their gold rts is compatible with 6.1.0-12, but im only really concerned with DS 1.4 compatibility and and savestate/screanshot functionality.

well you never know if you might upgrade later on. R4ids.cn is not a clone card...
You just have to make sure the reseller is selling the new stock otherwise you will be getting old stock which means they must likely pre-cutted the card to work on 6.1.0-12u (the latest 3ds update) if you see under download on r4ids.cn the patch for the cards to work on this updated required opening the cards and cutting a connection line (not good and there were rumors it can harm the systems)

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

well you never know if you might upgrade later on. R4ids.cn is not a clone card...
You just have to make sure the reseller is selling the new stock otherwise you will be getting old stock which means they must likely pre-cutted the card to work on 6.1.0-12u (the latest 3ds update) if you see under download on r4ids.cn the patch for the cards to work on this updated required opening the cards and cutting a connection line (not good and there were rumors it can harm the systems)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Added the note about the DSTwo never having been blocked by an update, since that's a very important purchase consideration.

Both are the same thing, but I've never ordered from either shop. And yes that MicroSD should work.

LouisLau

Trophies
XP
Unless I know that SuperCard DSTwo can run the 3DS XL Firmware 6.1.0-12U without any problems, or if there is patch for it or something else already, I will not get it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless I know that SuperCard DSTwo can run the 3DS XL Firmware 6.1.0-12U without any problems, or if there is patch for it or something else already, I will not get it.
Added the note about the DSTwo never having been blocked by an update

I mean seriously man, I JUST said it RIGHT THERE. It has not been blocked, it still works fine.

JustOneQuestion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while on flashcarts because I haven't had a need for one. My old CycloDS Evolution was running fine for what I required, but it's finally bricked on me. So, I need a new card and I need someone to guide me in the right direction of the best cart for my needs and a reliable place to purchase it.

All I want this one for is to transfer my Pokemon saves back and forth from the computer to my retail carts via Pokedoc's Save Game Manager in preparation for X & Y and the Pokemon Bank. I'd prefer it to be cheap, but reliable enough that it won't break on me before I finish all the transfers. So, best suggestion(s)?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I've been out of the loop for a while on flashcarts because I haven't had a need for one. My old CycloDS Evolution was running fine for what I required, but it's finally bricked on me. So, I need a new card and I need someone to guide me in the right direction of the best cart for my needs and a reliable place to purchase it.

All I want this one for is to transfer my Pokemon saves back and forth from the computer to my retail carts via Pokedoc's Save Game Manager in preparation for X & Y and the Pokemon Bank. I'd prefer it to be cheap, but reliable enough that it won't break on me before I finish all the transfers. So, best suggestion(s)?
the r4ids.cn cart if it's a one-time use. If you plan to use it for DS ROMs and such for a while, go for the DSTwo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does. +1