Hacking Which flash cart can "emulate" the actual GBA cart?

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me explain, I have legit Wario Ware Touched but I don't own Wario Ware Twisted. Which cart can emulate itself as "Wario Ware Twisted cartridge" in my GBA Slot-2 so my Wario Ware Touched can see it?

I have SuperCard Mini-SD but I don't know if it can do it.

If it can do it, please tell me how.

Thanks, I just want the extra stuff in the game, that's all.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
any gba expansion will do what you want. you flash the game to NOR and the NDS game will read the slot 2 as a legit one. some require you to have beaten the game or have done something as a requirement before you can use this feature.

Another game that does this is Megaman ZX, you can reach the secret room with locked doors which requires you to have the correct megaman Zero game in the slot2 to to unlock the door.

It is not emulating anything. You should already know what the difference is between an emulator and hardware by now is.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Killer Phantom said:
I have Super Card Mini SD, how do you patch the game to NOR?
You can't.

NOR is a type of flash memory that the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 and other similar Slot-2 adapters (Like the Ewin GBA Slot-2 device) have. It retains it's memory even after power loss unlike SRAM. The Supercard MiniSD loads GBA games from the MiniSD to the SRAM and runs the games from that. After the GBA/DS is turned off the SRAM is wiped much like normal RAM and therefore makes GBA "Emulation" as you call it impossible with this type of flashcart.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.::5pYd3r::. said:
Killer Phantom said:
I have Super Card Mini SD, how do you patch the game to NOR?
You can't.

NOR is a type of flash memory that the EZ-Flash 3 in 1 and other similar Slot-2 adapters (Like the Ewin GBA Slot-2 device) have. It retains it's memory even after power loss unlike SRAM. The Supercard MiniSD loads GBA games from the MiniSD to the SRAM and runs the games from that. After the GBA/DS is turned off the SRAM is wiped much like normal RAM and therefore makes GBA "Emulation" as you call it impossible with this type of flashcart.

...ah.

How about EZ Flash IV? I have one but I've never used it, is it possible to use this one instead? If so how?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
most people who do know how to use things like easybcd, don't ask how to install drivers in the first place because they pretty much already know how to get around any issues. It is easier to tell new people what limits they got so they don't screw up in a manner that doesn't brick thier computer.

Killer Phantom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll have to get a slot 1 flash cart and EZ Flash 3 in 1 then.

I'm looking at CycloDS Evolution at the moment because it looks like the best one to me.

Any suggestion?

Tigerstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had success with my old EZ-Flash Advance. I used it to unlock content in Advance Wars: Dual Strike, where some extra maps get added if you have either of the GBA Advance Wars carts in the slot. You just have to flash the ROM to the cartridge as the only game and without a bootloader. I imagine the process works for many more GBA flash carts too.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The exception of course would be games that actually look into the game's SRAM for stuff (like the Pokemon linkup) rather than just checking to see what game is inserted in slot-2. Fewer carts are capable of doing the linkup when the DS game needs more than just the game's identity.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
As for your problem OP, I'm also sad to live in europe where twisted never appeared, but all you get is a short music video; Takes less time to youtube it than to patch/append both roms. It's really worth watching only once.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.