Hacking Which firmware are you sitting on?

Where you at dawg?

• Less than 1.00

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • 1.00 to 2.00

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • 2.00 to 3.00

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • 4.00 to 4.50

Votes: 17 22.4%
  • 4.50 to infinty and beyond!

Votes: 45 59.2%

• Total voters

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Just out of curiosity, which firmware are you sitting on and why there particularly? Also do you own another PS4 that you fully use as not being able to so much as update your games without doing the firmware too seems to be a bit of a pisser and when you throw the epeen cockteasing into the mix its just a recipe for disaster.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 2.55 I believe. It wants me to update to 3.50 to play Puyo Puyo Tetris but I think I'll stay here for now. I wouldn't mind picking up a second PS4 but its getting harder and harder to justify.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
I'm on 2.55 I believe. It wants me to update to 3.50 to play Puyo Puyo Tetris but I think I'll stay here for now. I wouldn't mind picking up a second PS4 but its getting harder and harder to justify.

I hear ya, based on what I've browsed it seems that 4.50 seems to be the latest version to sit on in case of future exploit potential but then everything is done in a paradoxically contradicted state of screaming from the rooftops at one point juxtaposed with long sullen silences and the occasional punch in the firmware, the qwertyoruiopz way!

That said PS4 prices are falling through the floor at the moment and show no signs of abating so may be best just to sit tight on 2.55 and scoop up a cheapie when the opportunity presents. That really is the modern scene in a nutshell isn't it:

1 for play and the other for hope.

Last edited by Deleted member 42501,

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha I know! I'm currently browsing Kijiji (Canada's version of Craig's List) and could probably negotiate a PS4 regular or slim for $250. My only quarrel now is should I get a pro since I want VR

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest fw for my main PS4, and I have a spare 1.76 nib waiting for something worthwhile... but I'm probably going to sell that secondary system since the "scene" is a joke. (Yes I'm aware of what can be done with 1.76 atm)

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
Latest fw for my main PS4, and I have a spare 1.76 nib waiting for something worthwhile... but I'm probably going to sell that secondary system since the "scene" is a joke. (Yes I'm aware of what can be done with 1.76 atm)

How long have you been sitting on that 1.76 waiting for the exploit eggs to hatch, out of curiosity? Its thing like this that lead to my tirade in the Open Letter... thread as this whole "buy two systems just in case" thing is a very recent invention. Taking the WiiU as an example, hackers held off releasing the exploits they teased firmware after firmware, people bought two machines and then when something did come out the only people left on the "scene" were pirates and thus all of the fun emulation and homebrew potential of such unique hardware was never utilized.

Contrast that say with the Xbox which had an immense and active scene with a great vibe from the jump and the developments came thick and fast. Out of this XBMC was birthed, the pre-Netflix Netflix experience for those with an in home server full of movies as well as a wealth of emulators as the hacks became more and more streamlined and elegant as they pushed the machine far beyond what its official use was. That was an awesome scene and joy to partake in and that's what I feel is so crappy now as the raw power of the platforms is immense as is the connectivity, unique hardware and pool of talented coders. If only those pesky exploiters would stop their douche laden antics we could get it cracking in a timely fashion whilst people were still motivated as live platforms are the ones that garner the best support.

Are you listening?

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long have you been sitting on that 1.76 waiting for the exploit eggs to hatch, out of curiosity? Its thing like this that lead to my tirade in the Open Letter... thread as this whole "buy two systems just in case" thing is a very recent invention. Taking the WiiU as an example, hackers held off releasing the exploits they teased firmware after firmware, people bought two machines and then when something did come out the only people left on the "scene" were pirates and thus all of the fun emulation and homebrew potential of such unique hardware was never utilized.

Contrast that say with the Xbox which had an immense and active scene with a great vibe from the jump and the developments came thick and fast. Out of this XBMC was birthed, the pre-Netflix Netflix experience for those with an in home server full of movies as well as a wealth of emulators as the hacks became more and more streamlined and elegant as they pushed the machine far beyond what its official use was. That was an awesome scene and joy to partake in and that's what I feel is so crappy now as the raw power of the platforms is immense as is the connectivity, unique hardware and pool of talented coders. If only those pesky exploiters would stop their douche laden antics we could get it cracking in a timely fashion whilst people were still motivated as live platforms are the ones that garner the best support.

Are you listening?

I've had it for about a year. It was back when people were scrounging around trying to scoop up 1.76 systems, therefore the demand increased and people were jacking up the prices astronomically. I got lucky and grabbed this one from ebay for regular retail cost, as the seller apparently didn't know what he had. EDIT: It's a nib Knack/Killzone launch system, technically the fw is on 1.52 I think

Last edited by digipimp75,

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
And there we have it. Folks sitting on consoles waiting for the SOONing to be over when in reality time passes and naught is forthcoming.

Behold the (scene) children of men.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are on 2.57 for about 2 years and a half now. Patience is a key! :)

Just out of curiosity, which firmware are you sitting on and why there particularly? Also do you own another PS4 that you fully use as not being able to so much as update your games without doing the firmware too seems to be a bit of a pisser and when you throw the epeen cockteasing into the mix its just a recipe for disaster.

What about you ? What fw do you have for PS4 ?

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

nextgenroms

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an original PS4 500GB that I use as a daily driver and a PS4 1TB that I purchased a while ago. I haven't even opened it yet :)

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
My PS4 on 1.76, why? well i don't care about the games and you can do the most on that firmware version.

I mainly got the PS4 to mess about with and write tutorials for, which is what i've been doing with it.

PoppaDre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I meant to go on my PS4 last night and check it out, but ended up getting caught up playing The Division on my xbone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.