Which Direction Should I Go?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by aetherh4cker, Dec 12, 2016.

1. aetherh4cker
    OP

aetherh4cker Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States
    Hey All!

I've been out of the 3DS scene for nearly a year or so.

I have two N3DS, one at 9.4.0-21U and the other is at a slightly older version. I also have an O3DS at 4.5.0-10U. Lastly, I have a single Gateway 3DS card.

With the new Pokemon games out, what is the best method to get these playing backups and what not? I think Gateway supports up to the 9.4.0, so should I pickup two more Gateway's? Or Sky3DS? It also seems like CFW might actually be a viable option now, but it was pretty far into it's infancy last time I was doing things.

Just give me a little direction and I'll research the details myself. I'm a little overwhelmed with the information on here.

2. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    It looks like all your devices are a9lh-ready. So you're better off installing a9lh+CFW and then Freeshop. If you knew how to do things in the beggining, it'll be MUCH easier now. The process also couldn't be safer. Just make sure you follow Plailect's and ask any questions you have about the process: https://3ds.guide/get-started

3. aetherh4cker
    OP

aetherh4cker Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 20, 2015
    United States
    Thanks! Looks like that should cover most things I'd need! How do people play game backups / roms? Is converting them to cia the norm?

4. Chakratos

Chakratos GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Start freeshop -> select games you want zo install -> ??? -> Profit

5. Hyoretsu

Hyoretsu Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader

Jan 17, 2016
    Brazil
    The answer above me is for playing roms. For playing backups, you just use Decrypt9WIP to dump your cart and you install the cia file that'll result from the process.