Hacking Which device to buy?

taubstumm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey, I'm looking for a good device to play the DS roms on my DS lite.

I know nothing about DS flash devices so I would really appreciate when someone would help me out on this.

Should have great compability and maybe gba support.

Money doesn't matter like I said.

Thank you in advance
grog.gif

kobewan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I would have to say if it you want "maybe gba support" then you should go with the SuperCard Lite. I wouldn't recommend going for the M3 Lite or G6 Lite unless you really do plan on using the GBA on it. On the other hand, if money is really no object and you would at least like some GBA support (ruling out Slot-1 solutions), then I would say that the M3L is the best overall card. It just probably won't be worth it to you.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Best for GBA performance is the EZFlashIVDeluxe for a slot2 solution.
(EZ team has a long history of GBA flashcarts behind them)
NDS support is a tiny fraction behind Supercard/M3/G6 , but the patching is a lot easier (no trim/reset/safe mode etc to worry about - just click it and send it)
Also cheaper than the others
grog.gif

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I just figured out what i'm going to do...

Cheap ass EZ4 deluxe/Ezpass 3 since it has excellent GBA compatibility. I will try to use it for DS to and if i don't like the way it works with DS games (i'm very picky and even the slightest speed problems will bug me) i will buy an AceKard when its ready (provided its as good as i hope it will be) or wichever is the best slot 1 card at the time. So i will have a Slot1 for DS and a Slot2 EZ4 for GBA. Seems like the best way to me. I was going to get a G6 Lite but this should be around the same price (depending how much the AceKard is)..

Anyways this is my crazy plan maybe it will help hehe

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just figured out what i'm going to do...

Cheap ass EZ4 deluxe/Ezpass 3 since it has excellent GBA compatibility. I will try to use it for DS to and if i don't like the way it works with DS games (i'm very picky and even the slightest speed problems will bug me) i will buy an AceKard when its ready (provided its as good as i hope it will be) or wichever is the best slot 1 card at the time. So i will have a Slot1 for DS and a Slot2 EZ4 for GBA. Seems like the best way to me. I was going to get a G6 Lite but this should be around the same price (depending how much the AceKard is)..

Anyways this is my crazy plan maybe it will help hehe

Sounds like a plan..... There are a few DS games with speed issues on the EZF4 (I'm not some fanboy totally oblivious to any failings with my chosen product) but not enough to be a major worry - unless you truly are a real perfectionist
laugh.gif

You didn't mention HOMEBREW apps in your post anywhere ?? If you wish to use homebrew extensively, then the EZFlashIV will not be the recommended card of choice as few (if any) homebrew apps are working at the moment (something to do with the lack of an available FATLib to developers IIRC - some will run but not save). As I said, you didn't mention homebrew requirement, but I figured I'd better flag it up just in case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-