Hacking Which cards DON'T have freezing problems with Castlevania: PoR?

Tir

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With my J Kingston 2GB? My M3 Lite seems to have crapped itself and I was looking at replacement options, my heart was set on splurging for a CycloDS but seems that will still have problems with my Micro SD. And seems the Acekard 2 is even worse. Do any exist that got around this problem?

I know it's not such a major issue, but who knows if the new Castlevania (can't wait) will have this problem even worse.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With a Jap kingston in the cyclo you shouldn't have any problems with castlevania intros'. But with the AK2
the game will play fine but the intro will be jerky.

Tir

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not really the intro I'm worried about, just freezing in gameplay. And from reading around a bit it looks like the M3 Real has the least issues with Micro SD compatibility/freezing? Don't really want to buy another M3 product though...

Guess I should ask about the freezes with The World Ends With You as well, anyone tried a 2GB Kingston + CycloDS with that?

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
There is a patch that removes some sounds from game, and lowers a possibility to freeze, but aside that, I've managed to play the game on M3 Simply SanDisk 1 GB for 5 hours until it started to freeze very often..
I've managed to end the game with my M3 Real, and now CycloDS Evo, using SanDisk 4 GB SDHC Class 2..

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
if there is built in memory into the card, then it should run at optimal speeds, and there shouldn't be any freezing. however, if you're using a card that has external memory, you need a fast operating microSD. the japanese 1GBs are tested to be pretty fast - they are reported not to have any problems with castlevania, and I personally didn't have any problems with it either

Xann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished the game last night. I turned off the music completely and play the soundtracks on my computer while playing the game. Although it freezes occasionally, but still acceptable for me at least.

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Portrait of Ruin cannot run perfectly on any card. The problem is with the game itself. I own PoR and it has crashed randomly. It's a known glitch with the game and no one seems to know why it randomly crashes.

Be it on the real card or microSD, it'll crash.

Some are less likely than others, but theres no 'perfect' fail-safe.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tir said:
Not really the intro I'm worried about, just freezing in gameplay. And from reading around a bit it looks like the M3 Real has the least issues with Micro SD compatibility/freezing? Don't really want to buy another M3 product though...

Guess I should ask about the freezes with The World Ends With You as well, anyone tried a 2GB Kingston + CycloDS with that?
The CycloDS runs The World Ends With You perfectly with ANY MicroSD card.

claudekennilol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MrBubbles said:
Portrait of Ruin cannot run perfectly on any card. The problem is with the game itself. I own PoR and it has crashed randomly. It's a known glitch with the game and no one seems to know why it randomly crashes.

I've played the actual game from its card for tens of tens of hours and I've never had that happen, where did you hear this? The only people I've heard complain about this are those using flash carts.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it to be people using certain microsd cards
such as the kingstons from taiwan and sometimes sandisks, some of the other off memory brand cards that perform really bad in speed read and write tests as well

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
knightguy363 said:
where do you look at the class of the sd card?

Class 4 logo

Class 6 logo

Though the class logo won't necessarily appear on all SDHC cards. If you buy at a store, it's usually printed somewhere on the package. If you order online, it's usually stated somewhere in the product description.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
The official PoR game cart.

It's a good game.

MrBubbles said:

Bull. The real cart works just fine. Maybe it's a physical problem for you as a couple of my DS games crash at the slightest touch... or randomly. Could be a cart-specific problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show