Which batteries do you use for your Wiimotes?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by MichiS97, Sep 10, 2015.

1. MichiS97
    OP

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Bavaria
    Hey guys,

question time. Which batteries do you use for your Wii remotes? I recently bought a rechargeable battery pack made by BigBen which has a charging station for two remotes and the Wii U gamepad. However, even though I can't say I expected much from my purchase since I bought it for 12€ it has still let me down. The battery lasts for about 3 hours and takes 4 to charge, yeah. It gets even more annoying because the charging status in the screen when you suspend your game constantly switches back and forth between one and three bars which means that Fi is constantly nagging me in Skyward Sword.
    Can you recommend me some good batteries (preferably rechargeable) which last as long as possible? I've had some longlife rechargeable batteries by Varta before and these did a very good job at first but they gave way very soon.

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    I don't recommend those crappy battery packs, they tend to fry the capacitor over time. I just use Energizer AA rechargeable Nimh batteries. They seem to work rather well and I haven't noticed any degradation in the Wiimotes.

Last edited by TecXero, Sep 10, 2015
    MichiS97 likes this.
  3. Megaben99

Megaben99 I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
  4. gburgue

gburgue GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2011
    Argentina
    Energizer AA2 rechargeable Nimh batteries (2300 mAh).

5. Gallito

Gallito Member

Newcomer
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    I use the Amazon basic rechargeable ones in all my remotes.

6. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    I tried some duracell rechargables and it fried the remote. It doesn't take charges from batteries anymore.

7. legofan623

legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 3, 2011
    United States
    Puyallup, WA
    Rayovac and Sony NiMH rechargeables with a Monster charger. Lasted me years now.

I had a nyko charge dock at one point but to get it to contact the pins correctly was a nightmare and the batteries had like 10 minutes of play time at maximum.

Last edited by legofan623, Oct 5, 2015
  8. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Energiser MAX

Lasts for a while :)

9. boomerang42

boomerang42 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2013
    United States
    I got a Nyko wiimote double battery pack with charge dock and had some trouble like that too. Nyko does have a warranty on those, and I was really getting annoyed at having to replace batteries all the time, so I decided to give them a second chance instead of just returning it.

When I called them about it they had me send the whole thing in for a replacement. Been working fine since then. This was at least a year and a half or two years ago now. Haven't had any damage to the wiimotes either.

I didn't even know some battery packs can damage wiimotes.:huh: Guess I must've been lucky with the brand I chose.

10. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    Been using eneloops since 2007 in Wiimotes. Keep 80% of their charge for up to 6 months. Great for the 2 motes that do not get used much.

11. ac3ds

ac3ds PlayStation Addict

Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    A box
    I use HD POWER from the dollar store they actually last about a month or 2.

12. Zopenko

Zopenko Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z

Mar 1, 2015
    Mexico
    I know you are asking specifically for batteries. I also was tired of the recharging cycle. So I made the external USB powered wiimote based on the electrical diagram found online. Haved used it for over a year with no problems

13. DarkFlare69

DarkFlare69 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 8, 2014
    United States
    Ohio
    i use duracell

14. EarlAB

EarlAB hon hon titty croissants

Banned
    Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere.
    I use batteries. But I may consider eneloop batteries.