Hardware Which batteries do you use for your Wiimotes?

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys,

question time. Which batteries do you use for your Wii remotes? I recently bought a rechargeable battery pack made by BigBen which has a charging station for two remotes and the Wii U gamepad. However, even though I can't say I expected much from my purchase since I bought it for 12€ it has still let me down. The battery lasts for about 3 hours and takes 4 to charge, yeah. It gets even more annoying because the charging status in the screen when you suspend your game constantly switches back and forth between one and three bars which means that Fi is constantly nagging me in Skyward Sword.
Can you recommend me some good batteries (preferably rechargeable) which last as long as possible? I've had some longlife rechargeable batteries by Varta before and these did a very good job at first but they gave way very soon.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recommend those crappy battery packs, they tend to fry the capacitor over time. I just use Energizer AA rechargeable Nimh batteries. They seem to work rather well and I haven't noticed any degradation in the Wiimotes.

Last edited by TecXero,
Reactions: MichiS97

BringusStudios

Trophies
Website
bringus.studio
XP
Country
United States
Rayovac and Sony NiMH rechargeables with a Monster charger. Lasted me years now.

I had a nyko charge dock at one point but to get it to contact the pins correctly was a nightmare and the batteries had like 10 minutes of play time at maximum.

Last edited by BringusStudios,

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a nyko charge dock at one point but to get it to contact the pins correctly was a nightmare and the batteries had like 10 minutes of play time at maximum.
I got a Nyko wiimote double battery pack with charge dock and had some trouble like that too. Nyko does have a warranty on those, and I was really getting annoyed at having to replace batteries all the time, so I decided to give them a second chance instead of just returning it.

When I called them about it they had me send the whole thing in for a replacement. Been working fine since then. This was at least a year and a half or two years ago now. Haven't had any damage to the wiimotes either.

I didn't even know some battery packs can damage wiimotes.:huh: Guess I must've been lucky with the brand I chose.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using eneloops since 2007 in Wiimotes. Keep 80% of their charge for up to 6 months. Great for the 2 motes that do not get used much.

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I know you are asking specifically for batteries. I also was tired of the recharging cycle. So I made the external USB powered wiimote based on the electrical diagram found online. Haved used it for over a year with no problems

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1