Gaming Which Advance Wars title is the least difficult?

redfalcon

GBATemp Member
OP
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi.

A few years ago I bought Advance Wars 2 for the GBA, but stopped playing somewhere in the middle because I found it too difficult. Later I tried Dual Strike, but after a few missions I got again tired of always starting all over again because it got so damn hard. Is the first for the GBA or Days of Ruin any easier? I like the concept of AW, but its frustrating to see that after 7 to 8 missions the game gets so hard. I dont always want to restart a mission, just because I made one wrong turn and the enemy starts to floor me.

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd say Dark Confilcts.
wink.gif

ACQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Agreed. Dark conflict/Days of Ruin is the easiest of them all, save for a couple bitch missions. There's no hard campaign or War Room, so that helps make it all-around less difficult.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The first Advance Wars is hard as nails made of diamond. If you have problem with Duel Strike, then stray clear away from that.
tongue.gif

I'd actually say Duel Strike is the easiest in the series campaign-wise since the duel commander power is so broken in your favour (Sami+Eagle OMG). War Room is different since your enemy can have huge advantages on certain maps, though it's generally not hard to beat, just hard to beat with a good ranking.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems that AW DOR is the easiest on to master. Black Hole rising was hard as balls! I had to read a step by step guide to beat Sturm the last time.

PodCopter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dual Strike is the easiest of the Advance Wars games I think. Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict aren't terribly difficult except for a few key missions, which I think are more tricky than hard.

Reactions: Maximumbeans

dipper145

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
I suck at Advance Wars games :\ I always lose like every mission cause I never know which units are strong against which and stuff.
Yes this stuff is so hard to realize after playing the game once, let alone those little pictures they give to warn you what it's weak against. I mean how are you supposed to know these things!??!

TwilitSky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you're supposed to get a feel for each unit after you've used each extensively. When you've played for 150+ hours like I have for Days of Ruin alone, you know the price of every unit, as well as estimate how much damage each unit can inflict on any other one.

Days of Ruin was my first Advance Wars, then I went backwards to Dual Strike. Geez, Dual Strike is so much more lackadaisical than Days of Ruin, it's so packed with random stat boosts and broken CO powers @_@. I'm up to the last battle at least, but it's pretty tough.
I think Dual Strike is a much less serious game than Days of Ruin, and I'm not just describing the setting. Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict has much more pure strategy compared to the unbalanced tactics of Dual Strike. Damn those Tag CO abilities!!...

oh, and about the difficulty of the Advance Wars... supposedly though, a strategist wants a balanced difficulty rather than having a too easy time with the game. The AI in Advance Wars is actually deficient of abilities you'd expect of human players: they only react to your exposed units in Fog of War, and also, they spend money as soon as they earn it, so they never save up for more expensive units unless they have the available money at the end of each of their turns. I'm not sure if that's always true though, on some of the naval maps, they purchased battleships when I wasn't paying attention, so I was slow on the counterattack...

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DoR was pure hell for me >_>, half the battles seemed like there was this point that if the enemy had even 1 more unit that me, they would constantly stay that way, and i would end up losing in some dumb way, even if i stalled the battle for 2+ hours. Dual Strike was fun, but the story was pure dumb, the story in DoR was amazing.

KRADEN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suck at Advance Wars games :\ I always lose like every mission cause I never know which units are strong against which and stuff.
I know you posted this a million years ago, but I too am terrible at the games. I recently obtained "Dual Strike" and "Days of Ruin"(I like the aesthetics of this one more, I am a fan of World War II and has that look about it) both CIB, really good condition and reasonable priced(considering nowadays you have to sell your soul for certain DS or GBA complete games on either eBay, Amazon, etc..). I love the strategy aspect, but don't feel too bad. I am not that good at all with either one of them.

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know you posted this a million years ago, but I too am terrible at the games. I recently obtained "Dual Strike" and "Days of Ruin"(I like the aesthetics of this one more, I am a fan of World War II and has that look about it) both CIB, really good condition and reasonable priced(considering nowadays you have to sell your soul for certain DS or GBA complete games on either eBay, Amazon, etc..). I love the strategy aspect, but don't feel too bad. I am not that good at all with either one of them.
Hahaha.. you necroposted this thread to say this? Ahahah.. That user hasn't frequented these places for 5 years now. If you wanted to impress, I'm afraid it's too late now; she is by now already married, and rather than video games, she prefers love games and couple "gymnastics", so to speak.
C'est la vie! 😉

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy