Which 3ds xl to buy?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by sharkie545, Aug 21, 2013.

1. sharkie545
    OP

sharkie545 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    I had a quick question i was going to go to a store and buy a new 3ds xl (hopefully on 4.5 or less :P) but i have a chance to buy a eur version instead of a us (i am in europe right now for next few weeks).

Should I buy a eur or just get a us version eur will cost me 60$ more than from canada. Whats your opinion especially now that gateway has full region support?
    Thanks.

2. Saturosias

Saturosias Sakura-sō Resident

Dec 27, 2010
    United States
    Well, if you never plan to update it, you might as well get whatever's cheaper with the region unlocking and whatnot. If you do plan to update it eventually, however, those out-of-region games will be in your play history, and obviously we don't know what Nintendo might do about that O_@

3. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    if you can wait then get the us version.
    like what happens if you get a 3ds with firmware higher than 4.5, you will have to import any games that you want which would cost about 1.5 more (not including the shipping) then what you would pay for in Canada or USA

4. xBleedingSoulx

xBleedingSoulx GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Barnsley, England
    If the US one costs less, go for that one, there's no up side to getting a European one, US gets games way before Europe and a lot of games never even make it to Europe if they sell bad in the US.

5. sharkie545
    OP

sharkie545 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 19, 2010
    United States
    Alright thanks everyone ill wait till i get back on september 9th i should hopefully still be able to track down a us 4.5 below :)