Gaming Which 3DS game to get?

seyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, recently I've been wondering which 3DS game I should get. I'm not sure which one I want the most, but these are the three I have in mind:

1) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
2) Shin Megami Tensei 4
3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

I would appreciate any input on any of those titles :) Because I seriously don't know which of those I want the most/Is the best choice.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you ever played Ocarina on any other platform? If not, definitely get that.

If you have already played Ocarina, it's still very much worth getting, IMO, but you might want to get something you haven't already played before getting that.

Can't really comment on the other two as I haven't played those.

seyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only played Ocarina of time on an emulator, and only got through the 3rd temple, so it would be a good idea.

XiTaU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own OOT in many different forms and still enjoy the 3ds version because it looks so nice and is portable
The other 2 games id pick SMT over MH3 unless u are gonna have a friend to play with otherwise i find the MH games kinda boring like an mmo without the other player interactions.

JoshuaBojangles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay away from MH3 if you dont have somebody nearby to play with. Soloing most of the content is a huge drag. That or get the WiiU version as it has online multiplayer.

I would strongly reccomend SMT4 however. The beginning is a bit rough unless you are a seasoned smt player but it is an incredibly rich game. Story is good, characters are well fleshed out, combat requires thought and strategy or even the most basic encounters will spell death and fusing demons is quite addicting. Im 90 hours in on my second playthrough and still enjoy the game.

seyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played persona 3 and I know the SMT4 is sort of like it (when it comes to fighting) so I will be fairly familiar, I think I'm leaning towards SMT4 atm.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello, recently I've been wondering which 3DS game I should get. I'm not sure which one I want the most, but these are the three I have in mind:

1) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
2) Shin Megami Tensei 4
3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

I would appreciate any input on any of those titles :) Because I seriously don't know which of those I want the most/Is the best choice.
None. Wait for Pokemon X/Y :D
OoT3D if you haven't played OoT before is definitely a must have otherwise it's not much different and I'm not sure it's worth it just for upgraded graphics. I got it anyway because I'm a sucker for OoT and I don't regret my purchase, but it was rather needless.

seyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already getting Pokemon Y (Which is why I didn't list it) But I need something to keep me occupied before it comes out >>

P

pasc

1) Gyakuten Saiban 5
2) Pokemon X/Y

just wait for them

@ Kid Icarus... yeah... no, not my style, many described it as "Kinda like Metroid Prime Hunters"

Which is the best way to explain it really (except that a new MPH would kick Icaru's a** => That pun was unintented).

I don't like Kid a Icarus all that much.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
1) Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (unless you haven't played "Monster Hunter Tri" on the Wii, in which case totally get it because it's a fun game)
2) Shin Megami Tensei 4
3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Ocarina of 14-year-old Game Which Feels 14-year-old Despite The Fact That It Was Remade From The Ground Up)
Shin Megami Tensei 4 all the way, the series is just buckets of fun. I haven't even played 4 yet, but I've played enough Shin Megami Tensei to make that judgement. :yaynds:

Reactions: BAHIM Z 360

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Gyakuten Saiban 5
2) Pokemon X/Y

just wait for them

@ Kid Icarus... yeah... no, not my style, many described it as "Kinda like Metroid Prime Hunters"

Which is the best way to explain it really (except that a new MPH would kick Icaru's a** => That pun was unintented).

My shopping list this year summed up.

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm up to 100 hours already in MH3. Once you get properly started you'll just drop everything else you have in your hands to keep playing it.

seyunx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone for your input.

1) Gyakuten Saiban 5
2) Pokemon X/Y

just wait for them

I really like the Ace Attorney series, but kind of sad that I'll will be a digital only release in NA :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb