which 3DS color stands out more?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by chris888222, Apr 9, 2011.

?

Which 3DS color is the better one? (people who have seen the 3DS)

1. Aqua Blue

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cosmo Black

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Apr 9, 2011
  1. chris888222
    OP

Member chris888222 GBAtemp's Flygon Fan

Singapore
    (I know this topic is repeated)

I'm going to pre-order a 3DS from amazon and have no time to go down to any local store to actually see the 3DS colors. So, which color do you think is better? Cosmo Black or Aqua Blue? I actually wanted to just go with Cosmo Black however when I further 'inspect' the Aqua Blue console in the video trailers I find that under low-lighting Aqua Blue looks a little turquoise + black, which is REALLY COOL.

Which do you think is better? I'm really in a dilemma now. If possible, write your reason why you think so as well. [​IMG]

Thanks! [​IMG]

2. Icealote

Member Icealote My Winter...

Australia
    To be honest when I went to try out the 3DS when it came out, I first wanted the black one at first but testing at it at the time made me think it felt like a cheap plastic handheld *shrugs* so I changed my mind and got the aqua blue instead [​IMG] That's my opinion.

3. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Look at my crappy hands on video here to see what the color of the Aqua Blue somewhat looks like:

http://gbatemp.net/t287787-made-a-3ds-hands-on-preview

The blue is actually really green but with that said, it looks really nice. You can't really go wrong with the color, really. They both looks pretty good.

4. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    I like my black one best. The blue one is way too shiny imho.
    Plus, I don't really like the fact that the upper half is BLACK, and not blue.
    Would have looked a lot cooler if either the upper half was blue too, or the lower half was black too inside. The outside is okay but too shiny. ^^

The black one looks more harmonic.

5. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Hmm... I'm REALLY CONSIDERING aqua blue.

However, I have one really dumb question.

Will the 3D effect on the aqua blue be not as good as the one on the cosmo black (as cosmo black has a full black body which 'might enhance' the 3D effect?)

6. ThriLL

Newcomer ThriLL Advanced Member

United States

That's probably why the Aqua Blue's top screen is black. Think of it like your screen dimming when you're watching videos on the web (some websites and youtube videos offer a 'light switch' you can turn on/off to dim your screen), it helps you focus on the screen more. I'd imagine it wouldn't be as good if that top half was blue.

That's one of the reasons why I like the Blue one. You get a flashier device that doesn't compromise your actual gaming/watching experience. That and I'm tired of a black handheld. My last two (SP and DSi) were black.

7. Nebz

Member Nebz The N00b

United States
    If you really want the Aqua Blue then I'd just go for it. I played with the AB 3DS Gamestop and to my surprise it wasn't as ugly as I thought it was from pictures and trailers... It was ugly at all now that I mention it lol.

I went along with the Cosmo Black 3DS just because I prefer simple coloring and nothing too shiny and I'm hoping scratches won't be too noticeable on it (like with my black DSL).
    The 3D effect on both systems were just as good as the other so I wouldn't worry about that at all.

They both shine very nicely but it seems the Aqua Blue really does "outshine" the Cosmo Black (if that's what you're interested in). If you like the Aqua Blue buy the Aqua Blue [​IMG]

8. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Aqua Blue>>>>>>>>>>Boring Black

9. sonicsmash2

Member sonicsmash2 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Aqua blue stands out pretty cool with the silver metal in the back for some reason, i just like how they have the same tone....light. [​IMG]

10. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Thanks for all the humble suggestions. [​IMG]

Well, sadly, I'm still going for Cosmo Black. To me, a full black console looks hmm... 'professional' and i will be bringing it out really really often. I like Aqua Blue too! Don't get me wrong! However, I find the bottom part (the controls section) a little too light in the color tone. Cosmo Black to me has a cool slight transition. [​IMG]

Thank you all again! [​IMG]

11. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Both look really nice in person but I'm more of a black fan. Aqua Blue stands out more but standing out doesn't make something better. That color also has a much shinier finish on the top that I really like. That being said I'm happy with my Cosmo Black purchase. I would have gotten the red one though if they had it at launch!

12. Mesiskope

Banned Mesiskope Banned

United States
    the one that isn't black always stands out more.

13. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    When i was originally ordering my 3DS, before seeing them in person, i ordered the black one. I always go for the black ones as they seem to stand out less and seem way more office like and tend to look sleek. However, once i had a hands on experience, i was disappointed with the black one as it was nothing like most black consoles and instead of having that sleek and office look, it was plain dull. On the other hand, the blue was doesn't stand out out too much and actually looks quote "professional".

14. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    I haven't actually placed my order (it's in the cart). Do you think I should go down to a local gamestore to see the 3DS in person? Not anytime this week though. [​IMG]

15. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom
    Yeah, i would be better if you saw them both for yourself before making a decision as they look different in pictures, in video and in real life xD

16. mercluke

Member mercluke ‮҉

Australia
    how can you pre-order an already released handheld?

but anyway, on-topic...

the blue "stands out more" but the black looks better (imo, obv)

17. chris888222
    OP

Singapore
    Man, the local gameshops here DON'T OPEN UP THE 3DS UNTIL YOU WANT TO ACTUALLY BUY IT! On displays are just those boxes! [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. unseen4ce

Newcomer unseen4ce Advanced Member

Australia
    The Aqua is very nice, I have a black DS and was going to get a black 3DS but the aqua is irresistable.

19. Shockwind

Member Shockwind GBATemp's Official The Last of Us Fan

Philippines
    Aqua Blue's cooler and better than Cosmo Black. I'm gonna buy a Aqua Blue 3DS if it's already available here at the Philippines. [​IMG]

20. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Australia
    Blue is way awesomer, mainly because my best friend is black and he reckons that the black one is better (no racism here lol) but of the two of us, generally I'm more often right than he is. That or just because it's good to see a games console that's not always black (look at the PS3, the Wii, the old DS Lites/DSi's etc., THEY'RE ALL BLACK [except for the wii, which just got a colour update over time]!!!)