Hacking which 16gb micro sd card

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have both class 6 transcends and adata 16GB microSDHC, no problems with either.

There isn't anything to look for other than the class number. Unless your planning to buy a fake DX one, those are a crapshot in the dark if they work or not after a couple of days.

Other than that, nothing. Except not to format it FAT16 EVER or you can plan to buy a new one in a few months.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It says it is a class 2, really slow if you have a game that access the save alot.

class 6 16GB microSDHC chips are around 50 bucks or double what is listed for a class 2.

It will have a class 6 logo printed on the microSDHC.

You can use a class 4 if you don't have the money for that one. class 4 microSDHC seem to be the most used or bought by some people.

si2252

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bugger, it says class 4 on the title, but like you say in the description it says class 2.

when i put it in the ds it wont even boot to the main screen.

is this because of the speed of the card ?

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That depends on the flashcart, some require to be able to read/write at a certain speed or you experience stop motion jerkyness when you play or during saving.

The thing about microSDHC is that, if there is no class number printed on it, it is defined as a class 2 the lowest read/write ability. Every class 4 I have has the class 4 logo on them. I have 5 class 2 and none of them have a class 2 logo printed on them, 3 of the 5 are from different vendors.

If your putting the flashcart in and it is not booting, that is more likely you didn't setup the firmware and flash the bootstrap (depending on what version you got).

If you got the OLD EZ-Flash V, it doesn't support microSDHC. In this case you would need to get an updated version which is the EZ-Flash Vi, which does support microSDHC.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm also interested to know the version of your EZV.
smile.gif

si2252

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The card I have is an ezflash vi.

At the moment I have a 8gb micro sdhc card running fine.
I have just read the card and it is a class 4 card.

I bought the following :

http://www.nds-gear.co.uk/ds-cards/ezflash/ezflashvi.shtml

with this I bought the 8gb card. Because I am running several emulators a have run out of space and need a larger card.

I basically coppied the folders from my 8gb card onto my 16gb card but that did not work.
I then tried downloading the files from ezflash but I still does not work.

When I boot with the 8 gb card the screen flashes then it displays booting. Then shortly after the menu comes up. With the 16gb card it does not display booting and it just hangs.

Because my card is only class 2 could this be the problem. Could it be that the card is too slow for the nds to read.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-