Hacking Where to start?

tsantsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's ALOT of info on here. I am getting lost in all of the information, so I'm going to ask for help.

I have an old brick DS. I want to use one of these devices for it, but I'm not sure where to begin. Is there now a device that uses only 1 card or something, or am I mistaken in this?

Can more than 1 rom be saved on a card?

I'll post necessary info, but I don't know what that info is, I just need a tad bit o help getting going.

If you can post links to reading material that is more specific that'd be cool. I find that alot of the material is very general, except for the reviews, which are really good.

TIA.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The most simplest way:

1. Find R4
2. Buy microsd card
3. Drag & drop as many roms as you can fit
4. ???
5. Profit!

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes, there are solutions with only one card now. They go in the slot where NDS games go. They are newer than the slot-2 (GBA slot) solutions that required a slot-2 card and a passme or nopass in the NDS slot, and have some significant advantages. Also, what do you mean by "old brick DS"?

2. Yes, many ROMs can be saved on a card. For a 1GB microSD card usually about 20-30 can be saved but for cards like a 4GB microSDHC >100 can be saved.

tsantsa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
O, by ole brick, I meant the original version. looks like a brick compared to the lite.

is the R4 the best option?

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you have the money, buy a CycloDS Evolution, otherwise an EDGE or a TTDS are pretty good choices.

The R4 is okay, but they don't release any new features any more, only compatibility fixes, and the lack of SDHC support will be annoying when SDHC card start getting cheaper.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RHS is an excellent retailer and is highly trusted, yes. Check ResellerRatings if you'd like to see what I mean. Focus more on the reviews themselves, as the score was lowered by two people who went overboard with their dissatisfaction, blaming the shop for things beyond its control.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended