Dankey Kang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello

I have a Gateway cart I want to sell in the UK but I don't think it's something I'm legally allowed to put up on Ebay or a similar site. IS there any other way for me to sell it? Thanks for the help.

kragzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
do you not have facebook?, theres lots of local buy/sell pages and gaming pages, ive sold quite few things on them, like rgh 360, also my local phone shop sells modded consoles etc, dont know if thats a thing in your area, im in manchester

Dankey Kang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll put mine up on Gumtree, though I was and still am a bit worried about the legality since AFAIK flashcarts are illegal here.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the replies guys, I guess I'll put mine up on Gumtree, though I was and still am a bit worried about the legality since AFAIK flashcarts are illegal here.
If you don't put any personally identifiable information then I don't see how you could get into trouble. Unless they do a sting (pretending to want to buy it then arresting you). I doubt they would do that though, unless your local police are incredibly bored (surely there's a drug ring or something they would rather be busting up).

Reactions: Thelonewolf88

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I have a Gateway cart I want to sell in the UK but I don't think it's something I'm legally allowed to put up on Ebay or a similar site. IS there any other way for me to sell it? Thanks for the help.

Does it have ntrboot support? If so, how much you wanting to sell it for?

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ebay it. Av done it loads of times.

Just don't list it as a flashcard or mention it as a flashcard or ship it with roms.

Anyone whos knows what it is will buy it if they want one. Sometimes you gotta have a pair and take some risks, yet for 1 card it's not like you will get into shit over it and the worst they can do is just remove the listing.

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I listed a 3ds console with cfw installed on gumtree and they just removed it and sent me a email saying I had broke the rules but I've sold a Sky3DS+ on there without issue and it was listed for weeks before it finally sold.

You could always try Shpock, just make sure you only accept PayPal Friends and Family as payment! it's full of scammers on there.

Last edited by trakker1,

wolfmankurd

Trophies
XP
Country
I listed a 3ds console with cfw installed on gumtree and they just removed it and sent me a email saying I had broke the rules but I've sold a Sky3DS+ on there without issue.

You could always try Shpock, just make usre you only accept PayPal Friends and Family as payment! it's full of scammers on there.
Can't charge back f&f?

Reactions: trakker1

trakker1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't charge back f&f?

Yep, I know because I sent someone £10 towards postage for a gamecube via friends and family even though at first I said I would only pay via goods and services, anyway I never heard from the seller after and Shpock messaged me and told me not to send them any money. I tried my hardest to get PayPal to get my £10 back, I wasn't bothered about the money just the fact that I had been done over but they said there was nothing they could do.

Last edited by trakker1,
Reactions: wolfmankurd

Westwoodo

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, I know because I sent someone £10 towards postage for a gamecube via friends and family even though at first I said I would only pay via goods and services, anyway I never heard from the seller after and Shpock messaged me and told me not to send them any money. I tried my hardest to get PayPal to get my £10 back, I wasn't bothered about the money just the fact that I had been done over but they said there was nothing they could do.
This isn't true, if you tell paypal it was a unlawful charge you will get your money back even if it's friends and family, I know as people have done it to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🚽 [flush] [walks in without washing my hands] Hi guys 👋 :)