Where to get authentic new DS lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Omer, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Hello, I have a bad experience with the DS lite. I bought one and then I figured out it's a knock off Asian console after few months although it seems very legit but the buttons became not too responsive(have to push them hard to respond) after a while and symbols on them kind of disappeared. Do anyone knows an authentic website in USA that sells a brand new DS lite ? Do anyone had the same experience ?
    Note: The ones sold on amazon are either very expensive or sold by other companies(which I don't know if I can trust them or not).

2. TecXero

TecXero Technovert

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Mainframe
    You could probably get replacement parts for it. I bought a knockoff and it still works fine. If you still want a Nintendo made one, Amazon is rather reliable. If you get a knockoff on there, you can open a ticket with them and they're generally decent about getting things straightened out.

Omer likes this.
  3. Omer
    OP

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Thanks for the advice. I live in Iraq and I can't return the item I have to give a lot of money for the shipment return.It's too risky to have another one because high chance of getting a knockoff. I'm guessing I will buy a DSi XL.Because as far as I know there is no knockoff for this system.

TecXero likes this.
  4. Voltshock R

Voltshock R Member

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2014
    United States
    Just an add on to this question, but does anyone have a suggestion on what site/ which sellers to buy high quality or what would be close enough to authentic parts from, to replace in the DS Lite? I am curious on the DS touch screen/digitizer part and rubber pads in particular. Also perhaps the upper lens cover.