Hacking Where to get a firmware 4.5 or below 3DS XL?

pudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi everyone,

I live in Turkey and I consider ordering a 3ds xl console from amazon.com,there are many sellers that sell as new.

what are the chances that I can come by a suitable firmware 3ds xl from amazon.com.

should I go for the red or blue version which one would raise the chances?

That's important for me because I can not simply just return it and give it another go as the shipping charges and import fees would be in place when I try to return .You can guess that would cost me about half my fortune :D

I know its kinda hard to tell and hard to make a good guess on it but I just wanted to hear your opinion on it.
thanks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
hi everyone,

I live in Turkey and I consider ordering a 3ds xl console from amazon.com,there are many sellers that sell as new.

what are the chances that I can come by a suitable firmware 3ds xl from amazon.com.

should I go for the red or blue version which one would raise the chances?

That's important for me because I can not simply just return it and give it another go as the shipping charges and import fees would be in place when I try to return .You can guess that would cost me about half my fortune :D

I know its kinda hard to tell and hard to make a good guess on it but I just wanted to hear your opinion on it.
thanks
just try looking in a real shop, any money saved will be pointless if you then have to post it back and then risk buying another updated one......best just look in stores and ask to try it before you buy (say something like "some people say the 3d hurts their eyes could i just check it for a few mins"....or something like that if you think they will give you funny looks if you ask for an old one :D)

Gottwald

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the great list. Got a sealed 3DS XL from a private eBay seller for a pretty good price.

- Serial: SEF1129xxxx x
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: Silver+Black
- Model: 3DS XL
- Country: Bought in Germany, but package included spanish, portuguese and italian manuals.

Looks like Silver+Black is a pretty safe bet. No 5.X+ firmwares found on them yet.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone here still prefer normal 3ds instead of xl?. i bought a couple normal 3ds from amazon.com and amazon.uk. all 3ds i bought are 4.5 and below except new package of 3ds which is smaller (without charging cradle).

jrr6415sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just purchased a brand new 3ds xl on ebay and it cam with version 4.5, just searched for 3ds xl 4.5. I got another one as a backup incase of a brick :blink:

jamie187

Trophies
XP
Country
Im in australia i bought a 3ds xl when they first come out and we have no serial number on our boxes here as i just looked over my xl box and my standard 3ds also has no sign of a serial number on the box i went to target and big w and the box i have for my 3ds xl is still in both stores all no serial on box but all the boxes i looked over say copyright 2012 , i dont want to waste money unless i know im getting 4.5 or less as anyone else but how the hell can i figure out what firmware on console if no serial on box should i maybe look for an old bundle release but still i would be unsure what bundles to look for, i dont like buying 2nd hand so if anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated .

jamie187

Trophies
XP
Country
Just had a browse on ebay around 4-5 3ds on there claiming gateway compatability in my country but all second hand :-(
I wish i had more spare cash the pikachu edition looks cool but people want so damn much for it , some asking close to $2000 for a 3ds omg ... well ill take my time hopefully i get a trusgtworthy seller with a new un used fw <4.5 does the seller you bought from still have more opnr2000 im willing to get a usa version?

spiderben25

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Finally went to the store instead of getting one on eBay, came back with a brand new blue and black 3DS, really nice :)
For the people who are interested, there were 5 or 6 silver and black and all of those were lower than SEx1153.

- Serial: SEH1086xx
- FW: 4.4.0-10E
- Copyright: 2012
- Color: Blue+Black
- Model: 3DS XL

DisturbedAle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was searching for a 4.5> for my nephew and stumbled across a few here in the USA. If anyone wants them, locally (91770) or within the 48 states, please let me know! Red / Blue

(I would like to ask for a kind tip on top of retail purchase price)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember me and friends would pirate movies at local libraries
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am super blessed 2 fiber runs to my house with competing companies lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lucky, I can't get yet in my hood
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got one friend that can't get fiber four houses down because of city lines
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Would be like $400 for them to install it
    Technically for a month there I had Frontier FIOS 500Mbps and Spectrum 1Gbps (they got me on Spectrum because it was a little cheaper for double the speed)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speedcum
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I mean what would you really need that fast for tho, 500mb streams 4k fine. 1gb should be fine for 8k eventually. That's what I just switched to Spermrum.
    I was funny to have both networks running lol
    It was cheaper lol
    The only reason I switched was $$$
    Might have only been like 7 bucks but thats like 84 dollars at the end of the year lol
    840 dollars after 10 years
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hope I can be rich enough to pay all bills annually someday
    +2
    Not that I will save the money, rather I will just spend it on other crap lol
    lol just do autopay it's as lazy as it gets
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 tell uremum to start charging, then you keep the money
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I charge your wife rent at this point
    +1
    Now serving number E73
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good, maybe she will leave me the f alone, now I can drink, smoke, and play my games in peace!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The DMV giving citizens of Detroit empowerment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, and with yourself :creep:
    +1
    As a reminder crack pipes left in the lobby will be thrown away, the DMV is not responsible for lost crack pipes!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a camera I can film what I want
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gotta give my fans what they want...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Gotta give my fans what they want...