Where to find Pro Duo

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Jesus DeJesus, Nov 15, 2012.

Nov 15, 2012

Where to find Pro Duo by Jesus DeJesus at 6:25 PM (626 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Jesus DeJesus
    OP

Newcomer Jesus DeJesus Member

United States
    In the process of rounding up everything needed to mod my PSP but I've run into a minor problem. I'm assuming that I am late on the scene and that is the reason I'm having trouble finding any 8GB to 16GB Sony/Sandisk Pro Duo cards in local stores. I've tried Best Buy, Radio Shack, and Walmart, and unfortunately none carry the size I personally want (4GB just wont cut it for me). This causes me to be in an uncomfortable position where I will likely have to order one, my fear being paying 40$+ for a fake. Any suggestions as to where I might find a legitimate Sony/Sandisk 8GB or 16GB card? Price doesn't matter much to me since the PSP was dirt cheap, in excellent condition, and hackable. Thanks and I love this forum, you've all helped me immensely in the past with my Wii and DS so I don't know why it took me so long to register =D

2. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
  3. Jesus DeJesus
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the quick response. Found an 8GB through Amazon for a little over 20. Much appreciated.

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    for those who find this thread in the future...

i was a bit worried myself about fake cards off amazon. instead of risking it and dealing with a sellers return policy, i decided to poke around locally. i found that the west coast brick-and-mortar electronics shop frys, as well as target, still stocked them. the same cards are also on their web sites and from time to time go on sale.

here are some links:
    32GB MEMORY STICK PRO DUO LEXAR PLATINUM II $44.99
    SanDisk 16GB Memory Stick PRO Duo Memory Card $49.99
    SanDisk 8GB Memory Stick Pro Duo "Gamer" $27.09

hope that helps,
    -another world

5. Jesus DeJesus
    OP

United States
    Awesome find on that 8 GB. For some reason I didn't even consider Target and they have it in stock just down the road. Now I don't have to wait. Guess I should have just PMed you when porkie suggested =D thanks

6. Jesus DeJesus
    OP

United States
    Oops, misread their site. It's not in-store, all the same still a good find and I do loves me some neon green hahaha

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    those cards are specifically made for faster speeds. they were dubbed the "gamer" card by sandisk. i was told by a few people that they are really great and that they have had no issue with psp games. i almost got one until i found a great deal on the 16gb from frys. i think i paid full price for my first one and half price for my second.

-another world