Hardware Where to buy circle pad cap replacement?

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in a strange situation now.

A friend came over a couple days ago and used my 3DS XL which I normally do not let anyone touch.

Well, the circle pad is now badly scratched up and, while it still moves fine, feels rough under my thumb. I have a huge phobia of wear and tear in general, and I have this irresistible urge to replace it.

I can find literally every single replacement part on-line EXCEPT for the circle pad cap. I am also willing to buy full replacement housing packages as long as they include a circle pad cap. Does anyone know where I can get one, and why they're so hard to find for some ordinary piece of rubber? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
If youre totally desperate you could salvage the part from a broken/working circle pad pro and transplant the circle pad into your 3ds, im sure the circle pad for the XL is the same part.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How does one scratch that up in one session?
By not maintaining proper hygiene and leaving your nails long.
Even then, how the heck do you just scratch up a circle pad like that? Unless you're purposely pushing on it with your nail instead of the bottom of your thumb, i can't imagine how you would scratch it up like that.

Anyway, OP, have you considered just buying a circle pad pro, and salvaging the cover off that? It's only $20, right?

Reactions: 1 person

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can replace the whole shell? I did this for a psp 1001 once. The analog was broken and the outer shell cracked. Bought the psp really cheap so it was worth replacing the whole shell.

EDIT: Sorry realized the link I had was for a dsi. I'll go check a few sites when i get the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: just like us fr +1