Hacking Where to buy an R4 DS

cklinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get the black casing now? (I ordered from echostore, and although it's not here yet, I'm pretty sure it'll only have the white case)... should I just spray paint?

wild03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to get the black casing now? (I ordered from echostore, and although it's not here yet, I'm pretty sure it'll only have the white case)... should I just spray paint?

Not a bad idea. he R4 can be easily taken apart, one jus as to be careful with the sticker, taping it will help I guess.

ALSO, I would like to suggest that people post the OTD price or Price + S&H price, I think price is also important for a review. I could care less that a vendor delivers in two days if they charge $100 for the R4.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just for a confirmation email from dealxtreme; they just shipped my R4. Hopefully this will be as good as my first one
tongue.gif

3zero5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mark up a bad service for Gamersection.ca

Not only do they tack on another $5-6 dollars for Canadian parcel taxes (which they SHOULD include for S&H, but decide to neglect till final check-out), but they also charged me an additional $2 because of their stupid conversions through Paypal (again, another dumb inconvenience so they can suck as much profit from the client. They list their stuff in USD, and Paypal can convert a buyer's currency to the sellers, but it probably takes a small portion out for that service - probably the $2 extra I was charged that they didn't think I'd notice.)

On top of their shady pricing, the item took 18 days to arrive. If I end up paying $16 shipping for a small package, it sure as hell shouldn't take 18 days to go from Canada to California.

No complaints about the product though. Just go elsewhere if you aren't a Canadian resident
tongue.gif
Im with you. Their site states "FedEx" shipping. Yea right, they're using other. i places my order on the 15th of this month. it was shipped on the 22 and when I called the shipping company for status, they gave me an eta of the 28th. "3-5 day delivery" my ass. Waiting on my shipment to arrive. Feels like an eternity.

wild03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just for a confirmation email from dealxtreme; they just shipped my R4. Hopefully this will be as good as my first one
tongue.gif

Me too, Let's not give them a bad review just yet, When we ordered from them we all knew that they would ship by the 25th or so due to the holidays yet we received confirmation of shipping by the 23rd (nice). Also, being in china we would expect more than a week of transit time. So with that in mind and the fact that they can save you $10 compared to other dealers I will hold my judgment until the r4 arrives.

BTW: For those looking for DS lite Target still has the $127 price OTD. I realize that the unit costs $130 at local stores but you pay sales Tax (~$9 in FL) on that. Target saves you over $10. And Got mine last night 5 days before their estimated ETA? I love when businesses exceed expectations. (see Dealnews for more detail)

Genma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered 2 from Gameyeeeah.com took roughly within a week to receive the items (I live on the East Coast). Everything was in the R4 packaging sealed. No problems from the site.

Ordered 6 from Deal Extreme.com on 1/26. Will give update on when I receive it.

platylover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a R4 from Gameyeah last month using the least expensive shipping option ~$5. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to receive in the los angeles area. Total cost was ~$45.50

Just ordered another R4 early last week from echostore.com for my GF. Price was $40 + $5 for shipping. Received midweek via priority mail. Great price and fast order processing and shipping from these guys, highly recommended.

Steve

blunty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered a R4 from DealExtreme for $35.26 shipped to the USA (west coast) on 2/6. Package was attempted delivery by USPS on 2/27 due to signature requirement so I picked it up today. Works great. Total wait time was 21 days or 14 business days. Delay may have been due to the Chinese Lunar New Year. For the price, I would order from them again. They're selling the Chinese R4 for $32 shipped!

chibibaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered one last saturday from winsunx.com, they processed it on monday, supposed to arrive today but wasnt home to sign the package so now i have to try to get it at the post office today or wait to get it tommorow. lol

tryp2nite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tally another one up for Echostore. Just got my R4 today. Quick shipping to CA (2 business days). They responded to emails almost instantly.

Total was $40.98 shipped. This is with the coupon code I posted above.

Kyoji

ウッーウッーウマ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Add another for RealHotStuff. Ordered 6 o clock Thursday, shipped 8 o clock that night, arrived at 6 o clock friday afternoon
wtf.gif
I only paid for regular shipping, too.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
Just received mine from DealExtreme today. Good service, good price. It took a little while (ordered around 20/2, received on 5/3), but that was expected with Chinese New Year. Free postage anyway, so no complaints.

Package was marked as gift containing led flashlight + computer hub HKD 25. No custom tax to pay (in UK). Mind you, as I paid around £18, I don't think there would be any tax to pay anyway. Nice to see that they try to help avoid the tax if you order something more expensive.

Have not tested the R4 DS yet, bu it looks sound.

furashu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my R4 today when i got home, ordered this past friday 3/2/07 got today 3/5/07
now i gotta wait for my NDSL lol
REALHOTSTUFF is reccomended since its based in USA, but it cost 49$ shipped 14 more then deal extreme but wayyyyyyyyyy less waiting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the news and everything well I mean I wasn't on the news.... Just they where having "technical difficulties" lol
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I knocked the east coast backbone of EarthLink offline for like 6 hours one time, was on the... +1