Hacking Where to buy a legit R4 (DS Lite)

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought an R4 SDHC but it's not official and has no new firmware and I can’t find any that works on it besides the one it listed when I bought it from dsdeals.com (which is now gone it seems) and it turned out I only own enough games to take up 1.5 GB space anyway so I don’t need SDHC support.

So where can I order a real R4DS that has and will have firmware updates (or one that allows the use of YSMenu)? Which is the best reputable site please.

Thanks

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The company that made the 'real' R4 has been out of business for ages. And the card is obsolete anyway. The answer to your question is don't. Get something like an M3 Real, or an EZ5, or a CycloDS, or an iTouch, or any card you see regular updates for on the front page of GBAtemp. (TBH fast updates are the only thing that really matters nowadays, especially with the amount of anti-piracy they're using now.)

Don't buy an R4. They were a great card several years ago, when they were one of the first really cheap and easy-to-use slot 1 cards; but they're very dated now. And they will actually cost you more than the modern, still-updated cards.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 is gay to be honest,get a better cart.
wacko.gif

HellFireXS

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok I get the point, sorry I am a newb at this stuff which should I get then please?

Which is easiest for a newb? M3 Real, EZ5, CycloDS, or iTouch and where can I buy non fakes (If fakes exist?) please

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
The Acekard 2i is probably a great cart to choose aswell... (Note that this opinion may be biased) The AK2i supports the DSi as the i in the title suggests and it also supports one of the best firmwares to have reached the Flash Cartridge market AKAIO... With AKAIO running on your AK2i, you will have almost the best compatibility from the whole flash cart range, with frequent team support releasing new loaders whenever any compatibility issues arise... AK2i also is a cheap flash cartridge in comparison to others, but the major withdrawl to this is the actual Hardware itself, however this should not be a problem if you don't bump your DS/i around too much...

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jackdanielchan said:
The Acekard 2i is probably a great cart to choose aswell... (Note that this opinion may be biased) The AK2i supports the DSi as the i in the title suggests and it also supports one of the best firmwares to have reached the Flash Cartridge market AKAIO... With AKAIO running on your AK2i, you will have almost the best compatibility from the whole flash cart range, with frequent team support releasing new loaders whenever any compatibility issues arise... AK2i also is a cheap flash cartridge in comparison to others, but the major withdrawl to this is the actual Hardware itself, however this should not be a problem if you don't bump your DS/i around too much...

I have to agree with this 100%.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jackdanielchan said:
+1.

I myself am an owner of an AceKard 2. And it is amazing. Since I don't have an plans of getting a DSi, I decided to get an AceKard 2. Then just get an AceKard 2 + akAIO firmware and you are good to go. Nothing to worry about.

The GUI is fast + quick, nice and clean, no extra clutter, and is compatible with pretty much every game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill