Hacking Where The Hell Do I Obtain Vitamin 2.0?!

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, me again.
I've been surfing the web for about an hour now trying to find a download to Vitamin that works - no avail :nayps3:
Each link is either broken or the downloads require you to give a password, which can only be obtained by doing one of those dreaded unlock surveys that never work anyway. Any help on this? It would be a shame for me to have everything work up until this point, only to be let down by broken links. Is anyone willing to give out a working link or has access to the .vpk file that they don't mind sending over? Help!

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It was removed because... probably to discourage beginners from following outdated guides involving now-substandard tools producing poor results

Reactions: Hayato213

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was removed because... probably to discourage beginners from following outdated guides involving now-substandard tools producing poor results

Well. Alright. Can you point me in the direction as of where I can find a software that has similar functionality?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What you'll want to do is read up on NoNpDRM.

It's a plugin that lets you create almost 1:1 backups of your gamecarts.
The plugin doesn't decrypt the content nor do you need any modifications done to the content.
It's compatible with 3.60 Henkaku and above (on hacked consoles)

Reactions: Ryccardo and Tee_

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just use Nonpdrm version of games, Vitamin/Maidump version are outdated.

Thanks. Just read up on it quickly and all my versions are NonpDRM anyway. Guess I missed that

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What you'll want to do is read up on NoNpDRM.

It's a plugin that lets you create almost 1:1 backups of your gamecarts.
The plugin doesn't decrypt the content nor do you need any modifications done to the content.
It's compatible with 3.60 Henkaku and above (on hacked consoles)

Once again, thank you. I will get on this later and I'll report back to this thread with results. I'm sure it will work just fine

Reactions: Hayato213

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
NoNpDRM is basically fool proof.
It's the preffered way of playing backupped games and as I said earlier, compatible with savegames made with retail cartridges.

Vitamin/Mai dumps suffer from save corruption bugs as well as a variety of other bugs.
These can range from freezing to refusal to load to save corruption.

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
NoNpDRM is basically fool proof.
It's the preffered way of playing backupped games and as I said earlier, compatible with savegames made with retail cartridges.

Vitamin/Mai dumps suffer from save corruption bugs as well as a variety of other bugs.
These can range from freezing to refusal to load to save corruption.

Thanks so much for the explanation. I've hacked almost all of my consoles now but to be honest with you I've always been on the fence with the Vita. It's never been my favourite and I don't know much about it like I do with any other console I own, so whilst I'm no beginner to modding I am new to the functionality of the Vita, despite owning one since release. Just hadn't really given it a second thought. So thanks for this help, it was much needed.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I say you should also look into Adrenaline.
It's a fully functional PSP eCFW for the Vita, like M33/Pro/whatever PSP CFW is for the PSP.
It brings back the XMB of the PSP and adds additional features like Dual analog in the GTA games along with several others.

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I say you should also look into Adrenaline.
It's a fully functional PSP eCFW for the Vita, like M33/Pro/whatever PSP CFW is for the PSP.
It brings back the XMB of the PSP and adds additional features like Dual analog in the GTA games along with several others.

Had a brief read earlier on eCFW for PSP and was very interested, I must say. I will take your recommendation.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good luck with it!

I must say the Vita is an extremely underrated handheld.
Anyone stating the PSP is magnificent should put Adrenaline on a OLED Vita, even if it's just to experience the glory days of the PSP.
I know I did and haven't looked back at those inferior predecessors ever since haha.

Reactions: Tee_

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good luck with it!

Anyone stating the PSP is magnificent should put Adrenaline on a OLED Vita, even if it's just to experience the glory days of the PSP.
I know I did and haven't looked back at those inferior predecessors ever since haha.

I'll let you know later or tomorrow how I get on. Thanks very much!

Reactions: DinohScene

Tee_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll let you know later or tomorrow how I get on. Thanks very much!

Update, I'm getting on great with Adrenaline . Currently looking for the PSP games I can use with it but I have it all installed and ready to go. Looks great. As far as NoNpDRM, it works. I have the games on my LiveArea.

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Good luck with it!

And the graphics filters for PSP games in Adrenaline are amazing. Far, far superior to what Sony offers in their OEM emulator. I never bothered to use my Vita to play PSP games until the latest versions of Adrenaline, and a lot of games really benefit from Adrenaline's filters.

Reactions: Tee_ and DinohScene

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse