Where should I buy an Acekard 2i?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Generic122, Jun 10, 2009.

Jun 10, 2009
  1. Generic122
    OP

Newcomer Generic122 Newbie

United States
    Look, before people come in here telling me to search, I've checked through the pages and pages of the "Where should I buy" threads, and it really doesn't help too much, because there are a lot of conflicting statements, and I really just want a quick suggestion. Anyway, I'm looking for a good site to buy an Acekard 2i from, but I couldn't be more confused. I was going to use GamebyGame, but I just read a thread where someone still hasn't gotten their order after a month. I was also thinking about using Real Hot Stuff, which is where I got my Cyclo DS Evolution. Anyway, if someone could please tell me there view on where I should order, I would really appreciate it. I just really don't want to get ripped off, lol.

2. Briankealing

Member Briankealing GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hmm... you can either order from DealExtreme of RealHotStuff. Dealextreme is cheaper, but you'll have to wait a bit for the shipping.

3. TheDarkSeed

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    Dealextreme is okay. [​IMG]

4. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Do you want cheap prices? or fast shipping? Can't have both lol

5. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    I think the complaint you heard about gamebygame taking 1 month was the international buyer...and I assume its mostly the mailing service's fault (either USA or the buyer's country).

I would go with gamebygame, I've shopped there myself, recommended it to many others, and have only gotten positive replies.

realhotstuff is good too, but they've seemed very hard to contact lately.

6. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    That was what I thought he had read too, because I have never had any trouble from gamebygame/dealwoot, except after reading that I did get a little worried but saw that mine had shipped out today. Hopefully that might comfort him as well.

7. Generic122
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I'll try Game By Game, because they do have a very nice package deal for an Acekard 2i. If anything goes wrong, I'll just be back here complaining, lol. Thanks again.

One more question, Game by Game has a Firmware Update option, which costs $5. Is there any point to it? It seems pretty stupid, but then again, what do I know.

8. clonesniper666

Member clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

United States
    Here's hoping that it works out for both of us, what do you say to that. [​IMG]

I see no point in it because you can download both AKAIO and the actual firmware and it does not cost you anything, just about as much time as it takes to download it is all, plus they are essentially opening your micro sd card before you even see if it works.

9. Generic122
    OP

United States
    I really hope it works out for you. It sucks to get Ripped-Off/Terrible Service.

I know, I was just looking at it and saying to myself, "That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen." Five minutes of my life is not worth the $5 extra.

10. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    the $5 firmware update seems totally pointless. don't bother getting it, as you can update it yourself easily [​IMG]

11. Generic122
    OP

United States
    By the way, I love your videos iwakura. They helped me decide on an Acekard 2i, so I have to say thanks [​IMG] .

12. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    i got mine from leetmod.com (reliable)

i got it when dsi released and it still works compared to other ones that broke down or simply broke

13. Forum Shark

Newcomer Forum Shark Member

Canada
    Does the Acekard 2 i come with the SD card reader? It doesn't mention it on Game by Game. Will any Micro SD card reader be compatible? Thanks!

14. Generic122
    OP

United States
    It does come with a Micro SD card reader, and even if it didn't, any Micro SD card reader would work.

15. tribrahim

Newcomer tribrahim Newbie

Turkey
    i am a victim of gbg
    they don't answering my emails
    i lost my 44 $
    it is an international shipping but how can you know that it won't happen to you too
    i thing you should use another web site

16. Twilight Loz

Member Twilight Loz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    one place to get your acekard 2i:

dealextreme

low price but you gotta wait about 1-4 (4 max) weeks to get your products. i think its not actually worth the wait. Theres another store you can buy it from:

themott.net/.com.

17. imqchummy

Newcomer imqchummy Member

Canada
    I would defenitely go with kickgaming. I ordered 3 acekard 2 and 2 acekard 2i from them and they're all working great.
    If you want it cheap, use deal-extreme but expect shipping to take at least 2 weeks and probably more. Kickgaming ships from Ontario Canada and is pretty fast but more expensive than deal-extreme.