Hacking Where is the "save data generating file" in a game?

Majin Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,
I wanted to ask if anyone knows where the "save data" in a game disc is stored. I'm talking about the banner and text displayed in the Wii settings. Or is it maybe different in every game? Also... is it possible to edit the text and/or banner displayed there? (No, not the save file which is on the wii, but the file in the game that creates that save and "puts" it on the Wii)

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It´s most likely that it is for every game different but try to look after "memcard" or "save" directory and then look after the banner.tpl (it´s the banner graphic)
wink.gif

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is stored in the opening.bnr which contains the banner of the channel, the sound and the save logo
smile.gif

This is the "00000000.app" of a channel.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
Tichinde925 said:
WiiCrazy said:
It's possible to edit but it will be defaulted to the one on the game disc everytime you make a new save...

He wants to edit the "default" one on the game disc.

He did say "No, not the save file which is on the wii..."

My bad, I didn't notice that part in the post...

Majin Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ah, thx guys.
Well, my only guess is that it's in a "logo.bin" file because there is nothing called like banner, save, mem or sth like that. But I dunno how to extract it... In Hex-Editor it starts with "MSCF" and a bit later there is "logo.tpl". I also have some other files using the same format (well, at least MSCF at the beginning too) which I would really like to extract... Anyone knows how? FE100 failed, U8extr failed, dunno what else to try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...