Hacking Discussion Where is SX OS and 7.0-1 Support?

When will SX OS 7.0.0 support come?

• June 15th

Votes: 92 18.4%
  • Never

Votes: 57 11.4%
  • Nintendo Will Drop 8.0.0. First

Votes: 142 28.5%
  • Right after Atmosphere

Votes: 124 24.8%
  • With Bacon and Cheese

Votes: 84 16.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordRahl72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TX problem is that by the time they finally have support for the current firmware Nintendo will likely release yet another update that makes them have to go back and do it all over again. If they are paying staff to write new code this will eventually get price prohibitive. Specially since their revenue is declining since none of the new consoles can be modded. As a TX supporter, I can see SXOS days might be numbered.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It is. The only way to obtain keys on 7.0 so far is by using a signed package using NVIDIA's official PRIVATE keys. The TSEC part of the switch has not been pwned publicly as of now. Only SciresM has a way to obtains these and sign the code through a private exploit.
That's why you can recompile the sept code all you want but you still can not sign it. So say hello to the splash screen. :)

It's only a minor nag for TX though. If SciresM wanted to play it hard he could make it boot Atmosphere exclusively lol.
wow, SciresM is freaking genius! All heir to Scires!

Reactions: Khodeus

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't worry, TX pays SciresM for Atmosphere code usage, they'll be up and running by tomorrow.
He is not selling out. You can be sure about that since he is making enough with his job. They tried in the past to hire him and failed.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there are a few theories:
for those of us that use atmosphere, we know that some things have changed and new apps needed to be developed/updated inorder to work with 7.0.x (for example tinfoil). my guess is TX has to update their toolkit/installer to work with the changes in 7.0.x, then they have to update the base code to include the latest atmosphere, then they have to make sure emunand still works as its the main reason a lot of people even use SX.

even booting changed (to involve "sept") so they have to change all that as well without making it look like they are using Sept of course.

PLUS, they usually like to bring out atleast one new feature (copied from open source OR unique), or enhance an existing feature, so that will also add to the time.

I'm glad im not an SX user right now :D however, i kinda wish i could any functionality revolving around the external HDD.

Reactions: peteruk

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Bet TX are having fun trying to figure out how to bypass something that is encrypted and signed. Also closed source. Bet they're going to try and bribe the developers now lol.
What are you talking about? It’s not closed source. All you need is the keys, and you can compile it yourself.

Erol

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The man (Volthax...) totally owns you guys ;) You must admit he is pretty good. Respect

No respect for this kind of childish behavior. It’s pathetic and annoying as fuck.

Just give the shit out already. Seriously. The only one that benefits from this is Nintendo. That’s it.

Reactions: Essasetic

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
I feel like TX has put so many old pieces of software into SX that they don't update unless there's a new feature for it (they did this with layeredfs, it was old and buggy but they updated it for custom nsps only when those came out when they could've updated it before) that eventually some of their stolen code completely breaks as it was made for an older firmware.

Reactions: Essasetic

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be an admission that you can get most of the same stuff elsewhere for free.

That's the real reason for them refusing to credit IMO. Probably doesn't matter to most posters here who know exactly what SXOS is and what other CFW are, but there's money to be made on the ignorant masses that don't even know that they have a choice of CFW or don't understand that 90% of what they think they bought is free software. (I know people here are aware they are basically buying an XCI loader + a few features, that isn't as good a sell to the masses as claiming you have created THE full solution.)

The way I see it: Atmosphere is the engine that SXOS uses - no different from game devs using Unity/Unreal. TX added USB drive support and XCI loading on top of Atmosphere, that's what people are paying for. So what if they show Atmosphere logo, it's the right thing to do. At least show some respect when using someone's code.

Also, why are they wasting time on that bloated SX Installer? Their code monkeys should focus on the CFW.

Reactions: Volthax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast