Gaming Where do you like to get your games? Digital or Cart?

Where do you like to get your games?

• Digital (Physical Prepaid Game Card Code)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Physical (Walmart)

• Physical (Gamestop)

• Physical (Best Buy)

• Physical (Amazon)

• Physical (Target)

• Total voters

Scrydan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a thread I thought could be fun. I am quite curious to see what answers we'll get here.

What places do you like to get your legit games from? Typically, I do prefer physical still over digital as I like spending the AAA price only if I get something physical.
Now there are some exceptions in which case I go for digital (like for a sale, thanks Steam for spoiling me). And very rarely, like Smash, I get both. To not only support the devs but also because of both Switches I own.

Now as for where I typically go for my Switch games, I usually go to Walmart because it is like a 3 minute walk away. I typically have no problem with going with different options, and for Animal Crossing I even considered Amazon for delivery until I saw that it was going to be delivered on the 26!!! Like what a joke! Canceled that one so fast and decided to preorder at Walmart instead.

So I am curious. What stores do you like to go to? Do you preference digital more or do you like to have something physical to work with?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You may want to create a Poll. You'll get more results that way.

As for me, I'm a fan of physical games for all I can, I do however, often indulge in digital variants when the price is low (or when I get them as review copies).
There's also the fact that if I buy a digital game, I'm not as compelled to finish it.

Reactions: Scrydan

Scrydan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may want to create a Poll. You'll get more results that way.
Very good point. I meant to do that last night but apparently forgotten to because it was late. Added a poll. I am certainly hoping for discussion but some results are nice too!

There's also the fact that if I buy a digital game, I'm not as compelled to finish it.
That is an interesting observation. I think I sort of am reminded more when I buy a physical game to play it more when I see it on my shelf and go "Oh yeah, I should spend some time to complete that one!"

There are some exceptions, especially with Skyrim or Breath of the Wild tiered games where I take tons of time to complete it slowly because I want to 100% it more times than not.

I also admit it is very nice to have some digital games because I can always just take my Switch and need nothing more than a charger with me and I am good to go. But I have a travel bag/case for it so there's little point to not have my physical games in it as well which makes that much more of moot point for me.

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are the physical games I own

Pokemon Sword - Offer up $30
Mario Maker 2 - Offer Up $30
Mortal Kombat 11 - Walmart $30 (Black Friday)
Crash Racing $15 - Walmart $15 (Black Friday)
Let's Go Pikachu $20 - Offer Up
Yugioh - Walmart $30
Dark Souls - Offer Up (this was included in a bundle)
Mario Kart 8 - Offer Up (This was included in a bundle)
Splatoon 2 - Walmart $30 (Black Friday)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay