Hacking Where do Korean wii's come from

oliverbomb

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
180
Trophies
0
XP
202
Country
Netherlands
Where do people get these things? I haven't seen them on DX,.. or something.

Lol I'm just wondering whyy someone should buy a Korean?
 

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
10,063
Trophies
1
Location
This planet
XP
2,598
Country
Belgium
I assume they're made in Korea
rofl2.gif


The Korean ones are cheaper in some countries afaik.
 

gaojiugao

Well-Known Member
Newcomer
Joined
Feb 26, 2009
Messages
91
Trophies
0
Age
40
Location
ShangHai
Website
shop59071431.taobao.com
XP
75
Country
Switzerland
Because account of the currency rate, the Korea Console is the cheapest WII in the world.
And I'm in China but I still bought a Korea WII and refresh the console into USA region.
Also all the game consoles is made in China actually
rolleyes.gif
 

oliverbomb

Well-Known Member
OP
Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
180
Trophies
0
XP
202
Country
Netherlands
I see I see, ofcouse I know there are people in South Korea ^^

Anyway, are there some sites who offer those cheap consoles?
 

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
1,756
Trophies
0
Location
Ankh-Morpork
Website
Visit site
XP
205
Country
gaojiugao said:
Also all the game consoles is made in China actually
rolleyes.gif

Rubbish, There's one plant there. Besides Kyoto there's:-

Redmond, Washington, USA
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Grossostheim, Germany
Suzhou, China.

And they will just assemble parts from other places.
 

happydance

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2009
Messages
598
Trophies
0
XP
349
Country
it probably came from korea or to be shiped there. don't know why it's excatly cheaper it looks like the same wii hardware with slightly different on how it read its legit disc and gets screwed by us updates when region changed

in our country japanese and US wii are very hard to come by and very expensive... and sometime some sellers do dirty tricks like replacing the case so you would actually know if thats a korean wii or a wii with D-3 drives r a combination. it really sucks
 

smf

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 23, 2009
Messages
5,224
Trophies
1
XP
3,818
Country
United Kingdom
happydance said:
it probably came from korea or to be shiped there. don't know why it's excatly cheaper it looks like the same wii hardware with slightly different on how it read its legit disc and gets screwed by us updates when region changed

Consoles cost different amounts of money in each region, depending on exchange rate, cost of living and how much Nintendo want to break into that market.
The rest is to stop you going from a rich region to a poor region and buying their consoles.
 

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
1,587
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
392
Country
United States
I brought my Korean wii on ebay for $15 + $10 shipping. Unfortunately for the seller, they did not understand how easy it is to region change these.
 

Franki

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
2
Country
Thailand
It’s apparent that the Nintendo people like to think that everybody in the world lives and stays in “regions” as defined by the large media corporations. In the real world people do tend to travel both in leisure and business.

I originated in the UK, and spent four very enjoyable years working in (South) Korea during which time I bought a Wii. However I was disappointed to find that I could not change the firmware to an English language version, as I had previously done with some computer peripherals.

Now I am living in Thailand where those kind Nintendo people have left me with few (no) reasonable choices should I wish to continue playing Wii games. If I want to play games other than the few I purchased in Korea then I either have to buy a new Wii (fuck that) or look for a way to modify my Wii to play “backups”.

Hats off to you guys....
 

Bumpman

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2010
Messages
252
Trophies
0
XP
98
Country
United States
Franki said:
It’s apparent that the Nintendo people like to think that everybody in the world lives and stays in “regions” as defined by the large media corporations. In the real world people do tend to travel both in leisure and business.

I originated in the UK, and spent four very enjoyable years working in (South) Korea during which time I bought a Wii. However I was disappointed to find that I could not change the firmware to an English language version, as I had previously done with some computer peripherals.

Now I am living in Thailand where those kind Nintendo people have left me with few (no) reasonable choices should I wish to continue playing Wii games. If I want to play games other than the few I purchased in Korea then I either have to buy a new Wii (fuck that) or look for a way to modify my Wii to play “backups”.

Hats off to you guys....
You can play region free games you know
 

Franki

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
2
Country
Thailand
Bumpman said:
Franki said:
It’s apparent that the Nintendo people like to think that everybody in the world lives and stays in “regions” as defined by the large media corporations. In the real world people do tend to travel both in leisure and business.

I originated in the UK, and spent four very enjoyable years working in (South) Korea during which time I bought a Wii. However I was disappointed to find that I could not change the firmware to an English language version, as I had previously done with some computer peripherals.

Now I am living in Thailand where those kind Nintendo people have left me with few (no) reasonable choices should I wish to continue playing Wii games. If I want to play games other than the few I purchased in Korea then I either have to buy a new Wii (fuck that) or look for a way to modify my Wii to play “backups”.

Hats off to you guys....
You can play region free games you know


Still trying to work this one out. My understanding of reading the CompleteSoftmodGuide is that I shouldn't try to make a 4.2K Wii region free - still learning
 

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
10,063
Trophies
1
Location
This planet
XP
2,598
Country
Belgium
Franki said:
Still trying to work this one out. My understanding of reading the CompleteSoftmodGuide is that I shouldn't try to make a 4.2K Wii region free - still learning
You shouldn't change the region of the Korean Wii
That's not the same as playing region free games
 

Franki

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Mar 25, 2010
Messages
24
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
2
Country
Thailand
tj_cool said:
Franki said:
Still trying to work this one out. My understanding of reading the CompleteSoftmodGuide is that I shouldn't try to make a 4.2K Wii region free - still learning
You shouldn't change the region of the Korean Wii
That's not the same as playing region free games


Good point, as I said still learning.
I'm looking for clarification as to what's safe and what's not under a differant thread.
 

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2009
Messages
2,801
Trophies
0
Location
...
Website
Visit site
XP
1,160
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
gaojiugao said:
Also all the game consoles is made in China actually
rolleyes.gif

Rubbish, There's one plant there. Besides Kyoto there's:-

Redmond, Washington, USA
Richmond, British Columbia, Canada
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Grossostheim, Germany
Suzhou, China.

And they will just assemble parts from other places.

Plant? Assemble parts?

Uh.. not in Melbourne, they don't.
Of course they come assembled from China.
Why pay an Australian worker $20 and hour when you can pay a Chinese worker $2 an hour...
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
    KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie: Not all sites have to hate each other