Where do I go to get Windows 10 drivers
to update my CLEVO notebook PC

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
drp.su is a reliable driver site (as long as you ignore their adware utility - or spend a few minutes changing the 10+ options that need to be changed to make it not suck), just look up the VID/PID manually in device manager (properties / details / hardware id / copy and paste the most detailed row into the site / download zip)

Of course, if you already have them installed, you can use Dism (preinstalled) or Double Driver to extract what you have :)

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
On my W7 laptops I either just use the OEM’s W7drivers, the MS/Windows drivers or the W10 drivers supplied by the components OEM e.g. AMD, Realtek, etc.

What Spec is your laptop? If it’s using e.g. a HDD (as opposed to an SSD) and e.g. 4GB RAM I’d look at upgrading these to improve performance.

Either that or look at a Linux distro.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if it's the nvidia model, you get the graphics driver from nvidia's website, and then i'd use something like snappy driver installer or SDI Origin to install the rest of the drivers like the chipset drivers

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
if it's the nvidia model, you get the graphics driver from nvidia's website, and then i'd use something like snappy driver installer or SDI Origin to install the rest of the drivers like the chipset drivers

If you’re unlucky Nvidia wise, you might have to modify Nvidia’s ini files to include the specific ids.

I don’t have to do this on my 2020 Asus w/ 1660ti, but my old 2008 HP laptop with an 8400GS did need me to do this.

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you’re unlucky Nvidia wise, you might have to modify Nvidia’s ini files to include the specific ids.

I don’t have to do this on my 2020 Asus w/ 1660ti, but my old 2008 HP laptop with an 8400GS did need me to do this.
the gtx 560m (which this laptop has) still supports windows 10 (and probably 11 since it's just a terrible reskin of 10), since the last driver it got was from 2018, your 8400gs might be weird or your situation was weird since nvidia has an 8400gs driver from 2016 that claims to support it, but knowing how terrible nvidia's drivers can be it could be support in name only idk. i've got a laptop with a quadro fx 3600m that runs 10 perfectly fine on it's latest driver

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
the gtx 560m (which this laptop has) still supports windows 10 (and probably 11 since it's just a terrible reskin of 10), since the last driver it got was from 2018, your 8400gs might be weird or your situation was weird since nvidia has an 8400gs driver from 2016 that claims to support it, but knowing how terrible nvidia's drivers can be it could be support in name only idk. i've got a laptop with a quadro fx 3600m that runs 10 perfectly fine on it's latest driver

I don’t have that laptop anymore (insurance claim) so I don’t know what it’s like now.

I just mentioned it in case it applies to this situation.

Dothackjhe

"Joker"
Trophies
Website
wroiters.wixsite.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I used to use Snappy Driver Installer before I made the shift to iObit Driver Booster Pro. For the most part, SDI gets the job done, although expect occasional encounters with a buggy driver. So far, in the years I have been using the app, I only experienced one instance of it having installed a faulty driver that caused my computer to not boot. Fortunately, a case like that is reversible. Also, I believe the issue is within the driver itself (the manufacturer rolled out a faulty one), not necessarily SDI's.

PattyFatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to use Snappy Driver Installer before I made the shift to iObit Driver Booster Pro. For the most part, SDI gets the job done, although expect occasional encounters with a buggy driver. So far, in the years I have been using the app, I only experienced one instance of it having installed a faulty driver that caused my computer to not boot. Fortunately, a case like that is reversible. Also, I believe the issue is within the driver itself (the manufacturer rolled out a faulty one), not necessarily SDI's.
SDI and SDI Origin aren't the same programs. SDI is closed-source and many people have various complaints about it. SDIO is really good although I typically only update missing drivers not out-of-date or "better match" ones.

Reactions: Dothackjhe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto