Hacking Where can I get the DarkWii theme for 4.3U Wii?

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for the theme that looks like this:

The closest theme I can find is DarkWii-Dark Blue, which isn't what I want.

Thanks in advance.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I think it's available in ModMii if it's the one I think it is.

darkwiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.jpg

Reactions: XFlak

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't see it in ModMii? Those are only the Red themes available right? I also checked DarkUmbra and I see basically every variant of DarkWii except the original with the light blue accent.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't see it in ModMii? Those are only the Red themes available right? I also checked DarkUmbra and I see basically every variant of DarkWii except the original with the light blue accent.
You're right, it's different from the blue one in ModMii. Had to boot my Wii to confirm but yeah, I see what you mean now.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I found it by Googling DarkWii theme 4.3U, but I don't want to link something I'm not testing that has potential to brick someone. It's in a YouTube video description and has a Mediafire download link.
Use it at your own risk if you decide to try it. I also notice the download doesn't have the file extension appended to it, so you have to add that. I would find a way to test it without installing it first if that's even possible. (Dolphin maybe?)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
There are other colours available, you have to toggles them with "s" if in ModMii classic's download pages. If you're using a wizard it will actually prompt you to select one

That being said, sounds like it's 2 different dark wii blue theme anyway and that you found the one you needed.

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally been able to compile the theme using MyMenu and NUSDownloader. I was stuck for a few days because I would get a U8 unpack error when trying to compile the .csm file, but eventually found out that I needed to run MyMenu as administrator to fix that. I now have a .csm file created with the 00000097.app file from a 4.3U Wii that I obtained from NUSDownloader and the ANY_DarkWii.mym file from the Wii Theme Creations Thread.

Realistically, how dangerous is doing this if I have BootMii instead as iOS (NOT boot2) and priiloader? I've read that I can just boot into priiloader and then into The Homebrew Channel and restore the default theme using MyMenuify and the 00000097.app file but I'm still a little hesitant to try.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've finally been able to compile the theme using MyMenu and NUSDownloader. I was stuck for a few days because I would get a U8 unpack error when trying to compile the .csm file, but eventually found out that I needed to run MyMenu as administrator to fix that. I now have a .csm file created with the 00000097.app file from a 4.3U Wii that I obtained from NUSDownloader and the ANY_DarkWii.mym file from the Wii Theme Creations Thread.

Realistically, how dangerous is doing this if I have BootMii instead as iOS (NOT boot2) and priiloader? I've read that I can just boot into priiloader and then into The Homebrew Channel and restore the default theme using MyMenuify and the 00000097.app file but I'm still a little hesitant to try.
Just do it already

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus

You've taken the necessary precautions

Chris2055

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, quivering in fear of the imminent brick, I grasped my Wii Remote tightly and, reluctantly, installed the theme. Surprisingly it went fine with no troubles, even though I've heard bad things about using MyMenuify with SDHC cards. Unfortunately I think the theme I actually wanted is called DarkWii Extended v3 or v4 for 4.3U. It looks like this. Does anyone happen to have a link to that theme for 4.3U Wii? The closest I've been able to find was the PAL version in this thread.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, quivering in fear of the imminent brick, I grasped my Wii Remote tightly and, reluctantly, installed the theme. Surprisingly it went fine with no troubles, even though I've heard bad things about using MyMenuify with SDHC cards. Unfortunately I think the theme I actually wanted is called DarkWii Extended v3 or v4 for 4.3U. It looks like this. Does anyone happen to have a link to that theme for 4.3U Wii? The closest I've been able to find was the PAL version in this thread.
This might be of interest.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/darkwii-theme-on-4-3.242383/#post-3048270

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)