Hacking Where Can I find Kingston(Made In Japan)MicroSD?

headhuntertx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SD-C01G is Toshiba's part number, and they look to have OEM'd for Kingston and PNY.

Toshiba-Announces-World-039-s-Smallest-Memory-Card-2.jpg

If you Google or search ebay for 'Toshiba microsd 1gb', you'll find lots of sellers of these cards. If you're willing to pay a little more and wait a little longer (most ship from Hong Kong) then you don't have to bother with playing MicroSD roulette.

Or you can order a Kingston one from buy.com and get lucky and get an SD-C01G JAPAN version like I did, before I even knew to be looking for them!
biggrin.gif

False Hope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, your best bet is to email retailers first, and ask them if the cards are from japan or not. Or just get a PNY 1GB MicroSD, which is like a 100% chance getting a japanese card. Dunno about toshiba though..

False Hope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know if A-Data is compatible with M3DS? It should be since the M3 and R4 are pretty much the same, right?

Its decent, but I heard a few people having various problems playing games with it. Unless, you plan on getting the 512MB one. I think the best cards right now are KingMAX, PNY, Kingston 1GB (Made In Japan).

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The difference between japan/taiwan variants at the moment is basically, one game. oCastlevania:POR. Everyone's putting to much emphasis in seeking out these rare nuggets that are japanese cards for compatability with one game, which they probably won't play anyways.

Edit: spelling

fitzbean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference between japan/taiwan variants at the moment is basically, one game. oCastlevania:POR. Everyone's putting to much emphasis in seeking out these rare nuggets that are japanese cards for compatability with one game, which they probably won't play anyways.

one game could easily become 2, 3, 4... etc. Nothing wrong with looking for the best compatibility. Something tells me you have a microSD, and it ain't a Kingston Japan. Lol.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nope nope, SDC01G for me... but I didn't do any research, It just so happens to be a japanese card.
Of course, it's always better to have the perfect product, but it's not like the japanese cards are diamonds or anything!

False Hope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope nope, SDC01G for me... but I didn't do any research, It just so happens to be a japanese card.
Of course, it's always better to have the perfect product, but it's not like the japanese cards are diamonds or anything!

I know they arent diamonds, but I just want to be reassured that im getting the best possible experience I can get from my card..nothing wrong with that.
wink.gif

EDIT
: Amazon Sellers: EmartbuyUSA sells both Taiwan and Japanese cards(gamble), and once again the seller Hitech Market, doesnt sell japanese kingstons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jlLQb2_rM&pp=ygUQSGVyIG5hbWUgaXMgc29ueQ%3D%3D