Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to get up and leave I am fine with that since they pioneered a great product for us. What pisses me off is getting strung along. Like why the f*ck couldnt they put out 2.0 with just nand saving or maybe just multirom depending on whats working and whats not. This to me just seems like malicious stringing along in order to make money. I am at the boycott gateway point
Why don't you give them a list of games that you are interested in playing and ask them to them to create a custom version that is only tested with that list? As their videos show, the only testing they need to confirm 100% compatibility is to boot a game to the title screen. Since you are so interested in nand saving, that only leaves a couple of games so it should be super easy. Be sure to list your particular region and specific 3ds firmware version so they need to do even less work.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similarly, I am only butthurt over this entire catastrophe because they DID make promises that they did not make good on. Had they not set an expectation, then reneged on it, they would be getting far less hate right now.

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I lol @ the people that already gave up on gateway even though they released 2 videos showing that 2.0 isn't a lie.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Still no disputing that for the £58 price tag we have access to all but 2 3DS games on the market... How can anyone feel ripped off at that level of compatibility?!
As far as I've seen so far all legit GW bricks have been due to the bug in diagnostics. As such I've stuck with 2.0b2 and it's been awesome.

If GW took their exit at this point... I would not regret my purchase. MultiROM, NAND saving... Luxuries to be sure, I'm excited to not have to pay for pokemon, if GW doesn't release 2.0 then I won't play it. Simple as.

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best and safest bet is to use b1, avoiding emunand won't prevent the issue, avoiding diagnostics on b2 makes it less common, but a user at max console has reported they bricked without using diagnostics....if you don't want to risk it just use the b1, that is perfectly fine to use, but you just have to keep your emunand on 4.x or not bother setting it up, hopefully gateway will fix/remove the bricking code for 2.0 final

I really appreciate the help and have one final question - Since I am already running b2, I have not tried powering the 3DS off. Since I installed b2 on Sunday, I've only exited the game. As I understand it, when the bricking happens it usually happens on a power cycle. To overwrite the b2 Launcher.dat with the b1 Launcher.dat I am obviously going to have to power the unit down. Is there anything I can do to minimize my chance of bricking?

I think my best bet is :
1. Close game. home, x, a
2. Power unit
3. Delete b2 launcher.dat, copy b1 launcher.dat
4. cross fingers and turn on.

does this sound about right?

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I really appreciate the help and have one final question - Since I am already running b2, I have not tried powering the 3DS off. Since I installed b2 on Sunday, I've only exited the game. As I understand it, when the bricking happens it usually happens on a power cycle. To overwrite the b2 Launcher.dat with the b1 Launcher.dat I am obviously going to have to power the unit down. Is there anything I can do to minimize my chance of bricking?

I think my best bet is :
2. Power unit

Toooo be fair the bricking only seems to happen on b2 if you've used the diagnostics tool. I started on b1 when I got my GW even with b2 already in circulation... Within a day I switched to b2 and have power cycled over 100 times, switched roms over 20 times etc. B2 has been awesome, it continues to be awesome.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A

I think my best bet is :
2. Power unit

assuming that the brick code runs constantly and performs the "verification" checks at random, simply delaying shutting down would increase the odds, the whole thing about shutting down, is that right now the "brick code" could of already done its dirty deed, you just won't know until you reboot, so it's a sort or ....test your faith moment or just live forever in emunand and run from charger to charger and pray you never crash :D...

But the actual odd's of being bricked are very slim under the normal circumstances, just go for it and replace your launcher

Diagnostics is where the really bad dangers are :P, but I still don't suggest you tempt fate as another user on max console claims to of been bricked without ever running diagnostics

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
A
assuming that the brick code runs constantly and performs the "verification" checks at random, simply delaying shutting down would increase the odds, the whole thing about shutting down, is that right now the "brick code" could of already done its dirty deed, you just won't know until you reboot, so it's a sort or ....test your faith moment or just live forever in emunand and run from charger to charger and pray you never crash :D...

But the actual odd's of being bricked are very slim under the normal circumstances, just go for it and replace your launcher

Diagnostics is where the really bad dangers are :P, but I still don't suggest you tempt fait as another user on max console claims to of been bricked without ever running diagnostics

We still think there's brick code/potential for legit GW users? You yourself found the main cause of the bricking for legit GW cards, pretty much the only cause discovered for legit users no?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We still think there's brick code/potential for legit GW users? You yourself found the main cause of the bricking for legit GW cards, pretty much the only cause discovered for legit users no?
One user on max console said they never run diagnostics, yet they got bricked, obviously I can't say for certain for their case but I ran hundreds of times with no brick and have been using b2 constantly since and had no issues.....but as I said originally I can't say 100% that diagnostics is the only way it will brick

I would prefer people make their own mind up on if they want to risk it, if/when I brick under normal circumstances I will share but for the moment nothing as happened

In the meantime anyone who isn't at least prepared to face the bsod i.e can't solder to unbrick or don't know anyone who could do it for them, should stick to b1

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
Good way to approach it, I made the choice to stick to b2 out of sheer impatience and want for being part of the latest FW. I'll def keep you posted if I brick as I too have never run diagnostics - Moreso for your findings ;)
I don't push people into b2, but it's proven to be much safer than people have made it out to be.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Naveen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ I second that, I'm personally on b2 and haven't used diagnostics... Been playing the digital copy of Pokemon X and utilizing EmuNAND for it.. The only reason I feel hesitant to go back to b1 is because of the freezing issues we come across when we enter Gateway Mode

I was waiting for the final 2.0 release for Pokemon and I realized I might as well just the game since Club Nintendo had that promotion... I'm really enjoying it, I'm just a little paranoid about the brick but other than that, this is the most I've enjoyed my 3DS to date

Reactions: Subtle Demise

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Good way to approach it, I made the choice to stick to b2 out of sheer impatience and want for being part of the latest FW. I'll def keep you posted if I brick as I too have never run diagnostics - Moreso for your findings ;)
I don't push people into b2, but it's proven to be much safer than people have made it out to be.
^ I second that, I'm personally on b2 and haven't used diagnostics... Been playing the digital copy of Pokemon X and utilizing EmuNAND for it.. The only reason I feel hesitant to go back to b1 is because of the freezing issues we come across when we enter Gateway Mode

I was waiting for the final 2.0 release for Pokemon and I realized I might as well just the game since Club Nintendo had that promotion... I'm really enjoying it, I'm just a little paranoid about the brick but other than that, this is the most I've enjoyed my 3DS to date

That being said, I'm sticking to 2.0b1 until my raspberry pi and misc tools arrive. Once they do, I'm going to use 2.0b2 without any fears of bricking knowing that I can unbrick it in an instant. (or maybe a little longer than that)

AngryRussianKid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Guys, as I think, our waitings will be over this week...
I heard recently that their 'sales handler' for email just got back to work yesterday, after over 2 weeks sick and not on the job.

And is now in progress of updating.

Also mail rules recently have been changed, it takes more paperwork to mail electronic items back from China containing batteries.

Once I get more info I will past it on, but I am sure you get an answer to your email within a few days once they catch up on backlog.
Message from garyopa - maxconsole admin. This #^%*%#^# has real connections with GW team. As for me, it's the last hope.
I think, that this ill Chinese boy also works as site admin.

Reactions: cearp

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally bought a microSD case, have a ton of microSD cards but never felt like carrying them around with me. I always figured by the time it arrives in 2-3 weeks Gateway would have released their update by then. Well with how things are now might as well...

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, he was I'll and the other members of the GW-Team hadn't been/aren't able to update the page. But since this guy isn't I'll any longer, all our problems are solved and 2.0F will be released within the next 24-48h.
Sounds legit.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, as I think, our waitings will be over this week...

Message from garyopa - maxconsole admin. This #^%*%#^# has real connections with GW team. As for me, it's the last hope.
I think, that this ill Chinese boy also works as site admin.

Wat.

lol.. how many times has that guy been sick now?

n number of times where n is an integer between 1-∞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1