Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Would be nice not to see bricked consoles with the beta.

I am not a beta tester but I would like to test the firmware, I hope it gets leaked or someone might pm me with a link of the beta fw.

There are more than enough testers, you had to be in early and be trusted, which alot werent so many where culled, if people are worried and are an active tester , mod your 3DS so you have some protection or just dont test it ....if it does leak, it will leak on the chinese forums, all testers from here are trustworthy...... hopefully :) and its not far off, the focus atm is fixing the bricked consoles and not allowing something like this to happen again

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Internal testing is still going on, No beta testers have been sent anything as of yet, and dont be surprised if the majority of testers dont recieve anything, it will be a limited beta, to those who actually thoroughly test all aspects, not just those who want to be first to play Pokemon

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internal testing is still going on, No beta testers have been sent anything as of yet, and dont be surprised if the majority of testers dont recieve anything, it will be a limited beta, to those who actually thoroughly test all aspects, not just those who want to be first to play Pokemon
i sent them an email the other day about being a beta tester..i got an email back the same day! only 2 hours after i sent an email (thats not normal when emailing gateway btw..they usually take a week to respond) anyways i got an email back saying if/when they do send anything out to beta testers i can be one if needed..which makes me wonder if they are even going to send out anything for anyone to beta test

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most likely only a few trusted people (like devin for example) will get it first
the hundreds of people emailing them to be beta testers arnt going to get anything

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i sent them an email the other day about being a beta tester..i got an email back the same day! only 2 hours after i sent an email (thats not normal when emailing gateway btw..they usually take a week to respond) anyways i got an email back saying if/when they do send anything out to beta testers i can be one if needed..which makes me wonder if they are even going to send out anything for anyone to beta test

Lucky you, I sent them an e-mail telling them that I bought a 128GB microSD card and would love to test out on whether it works with the Gateway 2.0 firmware but received no reply.

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol give it time i guess? just wondering...how much did u pay for such a card (sorry a bit off topic)

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told back before 1.2 that I could be a beta tester but they never sent me anything. I even have 3 fricking 3DSs. One 3DS 4.5, one XL 4.5 and an XL for OFW. I did the hardware mod to my XL 4.5 just because I thought it would be useful if they did ever actually let me test or I needed to brick recover.

Honestly anyone 'testing' should be hardware modified. That's what the PS3 CFW 'providers' always recommend is use the firmware at your own risk until those that have flash boards can confirm it is safe.

As many of you here know, I have been a Gateway 'advocate' on these forums since before their release and received their cart in the first batch of stock that they shipped to North America. The brick fiasco has hurt their reputation some, but they probably think it was worth it considering it has totally damaged most peoples confidence in the clones, and also proved Gateway's point which is the cloners have no real development teams or talent. Think about this, the Brick code has been out there for months. The cloners are so lame they can't even find and remove the brick code so their users are forced to stay on essentially 1.2 maybe forever. I don't think Gateway is going to remove the brick code, best case scenario is that they isolate why it is bricking with their own units and secure that.

As much as I appreciate Gateway (you know because no one else has really given us dick in the 3DS scene), I do wish a true competitor with a real development team would appear. Monopolies are bad for business and bad for consumers so until someone contributes something to the 3DS scene Gateway really has us all by the short hairs........

Ok.........end of my semi-rant............It is fricking 10 below here in Indiana tonight and my gas furnace is intermittently not firing so I probably better put my VOM to good use and go figure out what the hell is wrong before my wife wakes up and realizes the house is getting cold. This has been the winter from hell (is that possible) here in the Midwest. Normally I don't mind but it has rarely gotten above freezing since November so I just wish this cold shit would end or maybe Gateway would give us the goods to warm the cackles of my heart :evil:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • B @ btjunior:
    ⣠⣀⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣤⣤⣤⣤⣄⡀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣤⣤⣶⣶⣶⣶⣬⣒⢦⡀⡾⠛⠉⠉⢀⣀⣈⣉⣉⣉⣻⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢛⣛⣉⣉⣉⣉⣀⠀⠉⠙⠻⢮⠀⠀⣀⠴⢲⣶⣶⣶⠶⡦⠄⢷⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠃⠴⡶⢶⣶⣶⢶⠲⢤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠓⠤⠼⠿⠿⠿⠥⠽⠄⠘⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⠂⠼⠥⠽⠿⠿⠿⠤⠖⠛⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡾⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠞⠀⠀⡞⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣀⣠⡤⠤⠶⠞⠋⠁⠀⠀⣸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tuW
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 wait, if rez's name is steve, then, oh no
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Lmao
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm not Steve.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    is that where we are now? shipping users on gbatemp?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (looks at luke x leo) except them lmao
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I had to guillotine some users over it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But it wasn't the head I was chopping off
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did Leo end up getting snipped haven't heard him crying about anything in a while
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yea, he got banned.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably on reddit crying about it or buying vpns
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I think luke too, and tiger is still here
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Luke is gone.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz he got banned or gone gone?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BakerMan your thread is low, where's the newest baked goods?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gone to Mar A Lago for the honeymoon
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, he is busy baking men
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    BakerMan baked the wedding cake
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Zuer here- - he has joined the darkside
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Zuer here- - he has joined the darkside