Hacking When was the most recent email response from Team Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this is a clever move from GW, their shit about clones is not in any reference to the brick code. This seems to be more of a sales pitch; 'keep buying GW, Keep buying from legit sellers, we're still here, the next update is going to be awesome'.
It suggests they are somewhat staying in the game... FW 4.1-4.5 3ds stock are plenty, the scene is gaining momentum and growing in size.

Part of me is glad they are going into a Private BETA, it's gonna allow them to test out their new security and see which of their testers leak to the clones. If they implement some hidden identifier in each BETA copy - A signature to identify and destroy the cart in future?.
The BETA testers will continue to build hype both here and on MaxConsole so people are happy to invest in the best card on the market. Likely the BETA will last 2-4 weeks. Which is going to see their sales surge and watch as we continue to destroy the clone market ourselves. Thinking about it we've done a of the work for GW, all the speculation and rumors, while GW have severely lacked PR skills the community has kept them alive.

Sucks the non testers have to wait... But I hope they send it to you guys out there fast enough so you can start posting videos/screeny's and information pretty quick - Thanks in advance ;)

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/got-a-gateway-3ds.362416/ This thread lol. Sandwich bags! Someone at that store probably mixed up and sent out lunch in a Gateway box.

A bit late, but sometimes that's intentional to save on postage. I bought a DS flash cart from a Chinese retailer (not saying which to avoid flame wars), and they actually were charging a dollar more if you wanted the original cardboard packaging from the card. I opted to save some change and got it without - they just sent the card by itself in a little plastic bag.

So it's also very possible that they were intentionally not sending out Gateway's boxes just so they could use a flat envelope and get cheaper shipping rates.

redkeyboard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is a clever move from GW, their shit about clones is not in any reference to the brick code. This seems to be more of a sales pitch; 'keep buying GW, Keep buying from legit sellers, we're still here, the next update is going to be awesome'.
It suggests they are somewhat staying in the game... FW 4.1-4.5 3ds stock are plenty, the scene is gaining momentum and growing in size.

Part of me is glad they are going into a Private BETA, it's gonna allow them to test out their new security and see which of their testers leak to the clones. If they implement some hidden identifier in each BETA copy - A signature.
The BETA testers will continue to build hype both here and on MaxConsole so people are happy to invest in the best card on the market. Likely the BETA will last 2-4 weeks. Which is going to see their sales surge and watch as we continue to destroy the clone market ourselves. Thinking about it we've done a of the work for GW, all the speculation and rumors, while GW have severely lacked PR skills the community has kept them alive.

Sucks the non testers have to wait... But I hope they send it to you guys out there fast enough so you can start posting videos/screeny's and information pretty quick - Thanks in advance ;)

The community hasn't kept Gateway alive, really there's just a few people who still support them 100% The only thing keeping them alive are their 3DS coding abilities.

I also doubt the beta will last 2-4 weeks. The beta is probably more likely a demo, it's likely that if they're willing to send it out to several people then they're pretty sure there aren't any huge bugs in it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah, this beta testing is just to get some positive reviews from actual reviewers (advertising) and not for true testing purposes. It would be a stupid move on their part to send out a launcher that may still have a dangerous bug.

Reactions: Idaho

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
The community hasn't kept Gateway alive, really there's just a few people who still support them 100% The only thing keeping them alive are their 3DS coding abilities.

I also doubt the beta will last 2-4 weeks. The beta is probably more likely a demo, it's likely that if they're willing to send it out to several people then they're pretty sure there aren't any huge bugs in it.

Support them or not they've been talked about daily.. I purchased mine when 2.0b2 was released and have had no trouble with it at all. Granted it's 'potentially dangerous', the product has been amazing and worth every penny. 'Clones' have been forced into a negative light by the community - Forums like these help people make their buying decisions and despite potential danger, GW are 'market leaders/innovators/great coders/have best product'... This isn't a view we'd have without the info posted in these pages, as would our view of the 'clones' be exactly what they've come to be.
I think they will use the BETA to allow leaking to clones, watch them quickly do their thing then GW will be able to release 2.0 corrupting the carts from the clones. To me this is a logical step for them to wipe out the competition. Brick code was a poor idea and it's been said cart corruption would be far better.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, this beta testing is just to get some positive reviews from actual reviewers (advertising) and not for true testing purposes. It would be a stupid move on their part to send out a launcher that may still have a dangerous bug.
sometimes people miss stuff, i think that's been proven already :rofl2:, diagnostics isn't exactly a feature they would need to test much, unless they realize there was a problem there.

granted I'm sure they wouldn't want any more bad press, so its probably more a way to deflect the bad press by at least putting all the "they have ran away rumor to bed" but still having time to fix any issues they are still aware of (that aren't console breaking but enough to want fixed before final release....say like the save bug in b1)

Reactions: F417H

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
sometimes people miss stuff, i think that's been proven already :rofl2:, diagnostics isn't exactly a feature they would need to test much, unless they realize there was a problem there.

I won't be using it in 2.0 that's for sure...

leeksausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
very pleased they have shown some signs of life.
just ordered a 32gb card, pretty frustrating, though i do wonder how long it will to go through the list of games using the method they showed us, especially on a 64gb!

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
very pleased they have shown some signs of life.
just ordered a 32gb card, pretty frustrating, though i do wonder how long it will to go through the list of games using the method they showed us, especially on a 64gb!
it may of changed since then:P , i imagine they could add 2 rows to speed things up

Reactions: cearp

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes.....it is true!
maybe the FW 2.0 will be out.......in 2015!!
i like this:
Some places are selling Gateway 3DS clones, pretending they are genuine Gateway 3DS cards. Fake cards often come as clone-cards with a (fake) gateway sticker slapped on. Others might go through greater lengths to get rid of their clone stock. Always buy your Gateway 3DS products from our LISTED resellers only. Any other party is likely to charge an unnescessary markup or tamper with the product otherwise.
and then? of little interest to us ...........

At this point i definitely wanna bet with you, i say a Firmware comes out BEFORE 2015...
What shall we bet for?

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Last email response regarding my console was the 19th Feb saying:-

we are handling the consoles now, we get back to you soon.

mailto:[email protected]

> Hi,

> Any news on the package I shipped to you?

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gateway 3DS
> Sent: Monday, February 03, 2014 1:25 PM
> To: hanzy
> Subject: Re: Gateway 3DS Customer Support - Package is now shipped to
> forwarder. Tracking ID included

> ok, we will keep you posted.

> mailto:[email protected]

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i am a beta tester,hope i wont brick but i dont know if i will receive v2 in the end
i did also recommend them to use a cheat engine ,in the future they may do that
anyway if i get v2 beta i would be glad to answer questions

F417H

Trophies
XP
Country
well i am a beta tester,hope i wont brick but i dont know if i will receive v2 in the end
i did also recommend them to use a cheat engine ,in the future they may do that
anyway if i get v2 beta i would be glad to answer questions

Well appreciated dragonmaster - Will be excited to see what juicy info you testers trickle out to us... We're at your mercy until full release.

skarthebloodchild

Keep It Old School
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would be nice not to see bricked consoles with the beta.

I am not a beta tester but I would like to test the firmware, I hope it gets leaked or someone might pm me with a link of the beta fw.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Would be nice not to see bricked consoles with the beta.

I am not a beta tester but I would like to test the firmware, I hope it gets leaked or someone might pm me with a link of the beta fw.

unfortunately nobody will do that they are getting extra carefull about beta ,i dont know even if i receive it in the end ,cloners will always wait for a leaked version and they reduced their base line of beta testers cause of previous leaks ,therefore patience is a virtue ,also there is a small chance that they will have some bugs that they may cause system unstability so i dont think anyone will risk to leak a beta that may brick random consoles...

badbob001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway could add an unique identifier to the file sent to each beta tester. Or maybe have it only work based on the beta tester's console serial number. This would help discourage 'sharing'. And if a clone-maker gets their hands on one file, they will probably need access to another copy to properly identify where the unique bits are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?