Question When release homebrew launcher or CFW ?

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by A3660537JPN, Sep 24, 2017.

1. A3660537JPN
    OP

A3660537JPN Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2017
    Japan
    When release homebrew launcher or CFW ?
    I keep 3.0.0 switch.
    But I was tired from waiting. I want to play online games early. If not release hbl or CFW this year,I will update my switch.
    So I want to know When release homebrew launcher or CFW. Please tell me.

2. Ridge

Ridge The Queen Anemone

Sep 10, 2015
    United States
    Lunatea
    They won't.

3. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    NEVER!!!

4. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Azores/Portugal
    You was tired from waiting ? Why not hack it yourself ? They are working very hard for it. Be patient. If you dont want to be patient. Buy games and playing on your Nintendo Switch. It is not your decision to tell the developer what to do. Please be polite and be patient. :)

Masterwin likes this.
  5. Splat_Red

Splat_Red GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2016
    United States
    Twinleaf Town
    It'll take awhile for Homebrew/CFW development to come to the public.
    You'll just have to wait awhile.

If you have disposable cash, however, you could keep a Switch on 3.0.0 and keep one on a newer FW for online play if you choose.

Masterwin likes this.
  6. DKB

DKB I'll be watching you sleep tonight.

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    lol tired of waiting then you'll be a skeleton by the time anything usable by you will get released

have fun waiting potentially years

Ra1d, Tomato Hentai and Shadow#1 like this.
  7. SnAQ

SnAQ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 20, 2010
    It was released yesterday.
    However, you'll need to donate a equivalent of 50 new Switch games in cash to each member on gbatemp.net to get access to it.

Skickat från min F8331 via Tapatalk

Masterwin and Seliph like this.
  8. Chizko

Chizko GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2015
    Chile
    ???? ??? ???
    Thanks to the great scene they created a solid wiki of what they learn and can do, because they try to make the best progress and find a solid way to release a exploit and this can't patch early, that is why they no release anything of the "great" exploit they found. The better expectation is 6 months TM saying from a dev...and that is his generic answer...

ToasterOven likes this.
  9. V-Temp

V-Temp GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 20, 2017
    United States
    The devs aren't going to release a launcher and possibly not even CFW (at least not for some time on the later), they'll release *something*. Most of those in the scene aren't out to enable backup launchers for pirates to tarnish their work, leave that to the scene lurkers who are trying to scrounge up secrets to sell.

Not that it particularly matters, this cryptosystems will greatly impact the number of potential software targets for loaders. We're already at 3.0.0 on carts (Pokken, Xenoverse 2 from what I've tested and bother to purchase), with Mario we're almost assuredly going to transition into >3.0.1 full-on for future software at which point the catalogue for backup loaders is basically over until someone equally cracks 3.0.1 or the encryption leaks (this never happens). This time around, Nintendo also has full access to banning your hidden SSLc.

These threads are a fool's errand right now, and just show that most aren't even attempting to grasp the current situation with this system.

10. senas8

senas8 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 3, 2011
    United States
    It took years to get henkaku, before we had psp exploits .. then rejuvenate then vita hacks.. and so if it takes a long time .. ohh well. Can’t expect cfw this early. Hope this helps. Can’t remember for 3ds how long it took.
    At least we know they are working hard on it. Just be patient only thing you can do.. or start another hobby maybe get a vita on 3.60.. forget about the switch for a While then come back check the progress .. it will help you not check in everyday... and be disappointed.

Last edited by senas8, Sep 24, 2017
    A3660537JPN likes this.
  11. Zyvyn

Zyvyn GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 9, 2017
    United States
    hlb or cfw usually dont release for a console until a few years after release usually

12. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Its easier said than done, just hack at it basically.

13. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Going by a timeline similar to PS4, we'll have CFW up to 3.0.0 in about four years. Followed maybe by some higher firmware exploits later.

14. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Banned
    Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    Haha come on man.

15. Seliph

Seliph Professional Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    SciresM actually confirmed he has something ready and he's releasing it this week along with a bunch of emulators and a freeshop for pirating Switch games, here's a download I found of a leak of the earliest homebrew launcher build: https://goo.gl/yJxBX4

Last edited by Seliph, Sep 25, 2017
    petethepug likes this.
  16. SarCATstic

SarCATstic Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2017
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Well duck you, I admit that did quack me up though (aren't my puns terrible? lol)

petethepug and Seliph like this.
  17. alepman90

alepman90 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 10, 2014
    This's your last chance hackers/devs before A3660537JPN updates his Switch.

Ra1d, petethepug, Frysenberg and 2 others like this.
  18. You have to make the Purple Moon rise in Zelda BOTW, then the homebrew will come...

19. thurp
    This message by thurp has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Sep 25, 2017, Reason: why.
    Sep 25, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted