Hacking When do you think Nintendo will release a 4.3 update?

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time the update they try to get rid of HBC. Recent updates haven't been made to actually improve existing components or functionality of the Wii. They have been made to reduce functionality and keep hackers out. General rule, if you don't need to update, don't.
smile.gif
If you have your Wii softmodded and have the ability to block updates, use it. It's been said there is not a game released that NEEDS the updated firmware to run.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a feeling there'll be another update around the time Nintendo release one of their big titles. Pure speculation on my part.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
I have a feeling there'll be another update around the time Nintendo release one of their big titles. Pure speculation on my part.

Totally. But it takes more time for them to release an update that blocks hack attempts than it takes to actuall hack it. Yes, every time it will get harder and harder to hack, but someone will eventually do it. For every security hole you close, two more open up.

If the system was flawed from the beginning, it will always be flawed. Because every new system they make to try to block hack attempts HAS to be 100% compatible with the earlier systems.

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wadzinsky said:
Edhel said:

Totally. But it takes more time for them to release an update that blocks hack attempts than it takes to actuall hack it. Yes, every time it will get harder and harder to hack, but someone will eventually do it. For every security hole you close, two more open up.

If the system was flawed from the beginning, it will always be flawed. Because every new system they make to try to block hack attempts HAS to be 100% compatible with the earlier systems.
smileipb2.png

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugotpwned35000vr said:
Everybody I have a bad feeling cause Nintendo can make it so it forces u to update and u cant power off ur wii

They can't stop you from unplugging it. I think that would make the power go off very quickly
smile.gif
Nintendo can't force you to get an update. You can disable internet access, you can block disc updates.

wadzinsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Their only attempt so far to 'force' you to update is with new releases of games. But it's still entirely up to you. You can either update so you can play the game, or you can choose not to update. But then you can't play the game. With a softmod there is already a way around that.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to update certain stuff because games need it to play, but there will be ways around it. Even if nintendo did the best job in the world and redid the entire system menu that would be fine, i still have 800+ titles that i can enjoy on my 4.1 that i will enjoy until some new hack comes out. i think its correct that major releases will come with security measures. like galaxy 2, metroid other m, zelda. but there will be workarounds. they will have to redesign the system to block hackers, its already so wide open its too late.

as for firmware, stop with the nonsense, a system menu version is not a firmware. NOT a firmware. its a system menu version number. if system menu is too ugly, use what i use sometimes, sysmenu. makes it look techy. and its one less letter. but anyway the wii is done. just like psp.

luisfhb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
wadzinsky said:
every time it will get harder and harder to hack, but someone will eventually do it. For every security hole you close, two more open up.

Just let me analise this sentence: If each hole closed opens two more, it gets easier and easier to hack, not harder.
Just grammatically.
gba.gif

TheNewbPleaser

Trophies
XP
Country
well actually it will get harder since the new holes are *harder* to hack but since theres fantastic hackers its kinda easy and takes low time. but i belive they will release 4.3 at end of january or starting feb or until they release SMG2 or MoM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it