Hacking WHEN are supercards going to be in stock o DealXtreme

kuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8 weeks ago I placed an order on DX, and they still haven't received them.

I've emailed DX, I've emailed Supercard, got nothing back.

Does anyone know what the hell's happening with the card's availability?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordering them from DX seems to be a bad idea recently. On the official forums there are tons of reports of people with carts that die within a few weeks of owning them, and all of them came from DealExtreme. One of the higher-ups has stated that slot-2 Supercards aren't even produced anymore, and the SC team has no idea where DX has been getting theirs.

kuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
Ordering them from DX seems to be a bad idea recently. On the official forums there are tons of reports of people with carts that die within a few weeks of owning them, and all of them came from DealExtreme. One of the higher-ups has stated that slot-2 Supercards aren't even produced anymore, and the SC team has no idea where DX has been getting theirs.

Thanks for the info! I think I'll cancel it now.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
DX has a shitload of SC slot-2s left. They bought them when they were cheap
tongue.gif

ph34r.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I got mine from DealExtreme a few months ago and it works fine. I can tell its an older model than their last batches of them since it has Boba Fett on the label (I think they changed it to their own logo in the last few batches)

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jamstruth said:
I got mine from DealExtreme a few months ago and it works fine. I can tell its an older model than their last batches of them since it has Boba Fett on the label (I think they changed it to their own logo in the last few batches)
You're talking about a slot-2 one, right?

kuni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kuni said:
DanTheManMS said:

Thanks for the info! I think I'll cancel it now.

Luckily they're back in stock now, and mine's been shipped.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are the Slot-2 flash's dying, or are the DS One's dying too? I just bought a SCDSOne Sunday, so I'd like to know.

It'll suck if this is true, I might have to get it from RealHotStuff.
ohmy.gif

EDIT: Read over this again. Sounds a little harsh towards RHS. I didn't mean it that way at all.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not just the slot-2s form DX, but the slot-2s in general. They've all (including mine) been getting the character corruption...
Don't buy one, buy an iPlayer and use the new GBA emulator.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jamstruth said:
How old are all the cards that have been dying? I've had mine for 2-3 months and no problems so far, RAM working and loader working.
Within a few months you'll want to throw it away, because then it'll get those strange corrupted symbols, and it's useless when you don't know what game you'll be playing until you've finally found a folder containing games and the game's loaded.

That probably didn't make any sense, but hell, I don't care, it's TLAPD! YARRR!!!

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
FUUUUUU- CHARACTER CORRUPTION!!!!

I've only had this thing since June and only been using it to run GBA games since last wednesday!!!! Maybe reloading the firmware will do it?

Tried Redoing firmware on it: The result was BRICK!!!! Its now a useless hunk of junk, anyone know any other good slot-2 cards that are full GBA size and take miniSD/Full SD cards?

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't want to spend £30-50 on a second slot-1 card which can only run homebrew+GBA games (almost perfectly but still glitches I'm sure) when I can spend a good £10 to £20 less on another. 3 in 1s are a no go area for me as I only have a DSPhat and the GBA sized 3 in 1s are not in production (I'd have to replace the battery anyway if I found one)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM