djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
nothing really, just Usually wiis like -Rs, well erm softmods usually prefer -Rs...
i know my modded wii loves both
tongue.gif
-R i favour though, hate +Rs

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cool , but most wii's just dont like them
can't really say why
but most ppl can't load backups with +r , they change to -r and it's all good
it's just the fact

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
can't really say why
it's just the fact
hmm, 9 times out of 10 its people using softmods that have issues with +Rs not those that are modded, don't understand the difference like, but who cares, use the same discs all the time, i know i do, not the best and they're not the worst, but they dam well do a good job for everything i need them to
tongue.gif
G05 ice All the way for me
smile.gif

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
djdynamite123 said:
QUOTE said:
can't really say why
it's just the fact
hmm, 9 times out of 10 its people using softmods that have issues with +Rs not those that are modded, don't understand the difference like, but who cares, use the same discs all the time, i know i do, not the best and they're not the worst, but they dam well do a good job for everything i need them to
tongue.gif
G05 ice All the way for me
smile.gif

yap , thats right , i forgot to say that about the softmods, thanks for finishing my answer

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The wii drives are just fussy buggers generally - some work fine , some dont

-R have more success so it narrows down the issues by using -R discs in general.

rooskie54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive heard both that theres nothing wrong with them and that it strains the laser to use DVD+Rs. The way the Wii works DVD+Rs have to have their booktype set to DVD-ROM in order to work with softmods.

I just use DVD-Rs as they're not any more expensive.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
DVD-R is the format appoved by the official DVD forum, whereas DVD+R was pushed by Sony and a few other companies.

You wouldn't notice the difference, but DVD-Rs are generally more compatible in old devices, and DVD+Rs have better error-correction when reading IIRC.

kimikal27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
frostyfrosty said:
kimikal27 said:
frostyfrosty said:
ive used nothing but +R's (burnt like 30 or so games) and ive had not ONE problem with them so i dont know what everyone is talkin about.

softmod or hardmod?
and when did you get your wii?

soft mod and i got my wii back in november when the wii first came out.
so just read again the posts above , your mind just might make a click...
if you understand dont be afraid, it's your brain working...

and you say that the wii came out at november????
of what year?

kremonte

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Having softmodded two Wiis for the first time yesterday, and having nothing but a stack of DVD+Rs, I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty that your discs aren't coasters quite yet. True, the Wii doesn't really like them very much (first three burns ended up coasters), but I did find a solution: burn using ImgBurn, and change the book type to DVD-ROM.

I've burned a total of seven CDs like this, and aside from the first three where I didn't change the book type, they work fine. On an NTSC console running 2.2U with Gamma launcher, I didn't have to change any settings whatsoever (nothing forced), and ran two different PAL rips, one NTSC, and one scrubbed JP game. No problems at all. Of course YMMV, but the same setup (replicated the steps verbatim) on my sister's Wii also worked.

To change your book type:
booktype_1.png

Click the book button in the bottom-right.

In the window that comes up, find your drive's manufacturer. I'm not sure how I knew that my Sony drive was actually made by LITE-ON, but yeah, I remember seeing the company name, and the setting worked. /shrug

booktype_2.png

Change for the next write, but you may also want to change for DVD+R media. For safety's sake (well, and my wallet's), I set Next Write every time I burn a CD.

booktype_3.png

This is what you're setting the book type to - DVD-ROM. Select it, hit Change, and you should get a little success dialog.

booktype_4.png

Success! Hopefully.

Burn away (lots of people say to use very slow writing speed, but all three coasters were burned at 2x, and from then on I used max (for my drive, 8x) and all was well) and it should (hopefully) work fine. Hope this works, but, as always, YMMV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1